WHY THE LIES ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune

Founder
Reaction score
I wanted all of you to know ...

We will publically challenge any and all VICIOUS lies and attacks such as the one you will find here ...

Our goal is to help all divers and to protect and promote our rights to further this great sport, and when someone attacks that, we wont just sit by and watch them try to destroy that!

Those of you that have been here awhile should know by now that we have NO problem speaking out against those that are damaging this great past-time.

=-)

What am I missing? I looked at the other site, and didn't see attacks other than someone said they got a lot of spam. Is that it, or am I missing something? I haven't been around enough to know the politics....although I am learning!! ages

King, I doubt very seriously if he ever sees your response, since nobody hardly ever goes beyond the 2nd page of threads there and they don't move to the top after a new post to the thread. So that one is burried under a months worth of posts. You might want to take your response to the top of the board and start a new thread there.

I'm pretty sure he was just refering to the "reply notices" sent after a response to a thread. But I asked him that, told him it could be disabled, and he still called it spam, so I don't know. But everyone knows the truth.

What spam???

I am one of the oldies of this board, some where around #16 or so and I have NEVER got any email except from other members and all of that was most welcome. By the way King, I much much prefer this format, one of the reasons I hung around and have enjoyed watching this board grow. This IS the webs scuba board....

Long live the King!

Ten bucks say no one will step forward to the challenge. Someone was just howling in the wind, and most likely didn't expect to get called out. I really hate it when people sling mud and then run away from the fight. I've been around the boards here for a while, and have never received any junk mail.

Whew,

ages, Yes, they were saying we are spamming when we haven't even sent so much as a newsletter in MONTHS.

Warhammer, they are a "she" and not a "he", hehe. Thanks for telling me about the way it runs, I haven't used their system and didn't know. I only found out about it because of a few emails I got.

herman, What spam? There is no Spam! You are exactly right. It take a whole minute of looking around these forums and it's not hard to see what we think of Spamming and the nightmare it creates.

Here is an example of what we think about and do for the Spammers out there.

So to say that we spam is slapping us in the face with something that we are out to change.

And here is what we saw happen because of it!

I hate to take forum time to even deal with this stuff but we feel it is important that people know where we stand.

=-)

What really just makes my blood boil is that I get more [red]SPAM[/red] from that site than any other place!

They have some nerve!

kik's syntax indeed leads one to suspect that she is a "she"...

But seriously, KN, let the woman babble....so what. I have been watching and participating in this board for around 6 weeks now, and have witnessed the rapid growth in that time, so I would not worry that such random comments as kik's would have any effect at all on it.

As you well know, all of us here LOVE this board for the professional information, the friendliness, the fun...

There will be others who have another opinion, and they are welcome to it. You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of time, that's just the way it is.

Be happy that this board seems to please most of us most of the time! :)

gozu

At the moment there is very little of this type of nastyness here, can we make sure it stays this way?

Is there a terms and conditions of use for this board?

Some simple rules would not go amiss like
1) No Spam
2) No Offensive language
3) Break 1 or 2 and your registration is cancelled.
4) Enjoy!

Make people agree to this before their registration is activated, then if they spam or whatever, then give either the moderators or yourself the ability to delete their registration.

Make the rules as simple as this. The only thing that seems to annoy people is spam, so the rules don't exactly have to be majorly complicated. I know it is a bit petty having to have rules, but if we want it to be completely spam free then we will have to tell newcommers that spam is not wanted here.

Just a thought.

Jon T

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom