Why the Aversion to Read the Instructions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't bothered reading all the posts in this thread but I would say I agree most of the time but not always... in those cases I just agree to disagree.

I disagree. Sometimes on SB you disagree always most of the time. However, usually you sometimes would not agree to disagree maybe. Or not.

Confusing quotes. 1.1 what is it saying ? That the training sessions are limited to 20 meters ( with an instructor). or the training enables the diver (on his own)to dive to a max of 20 meters.

4.3 is the confusing one. What if you have not had any additional training???? IT is a conditional statement. You can dive to the recommended depth of 20 meters IF you have additional training. I cant say I recall ever seeing working like this before.

I checked on CMAS site and found out that I was wrong, I apologize for that. It is recommended for CMAS1* diver to dive to 20m limit.

1.1 This training programme aims at introducing the fundamentals of SCUBA diving to new entrants to the
sport of recreational SCUBA diving, which will enable them to undertake no-decompression stop
dives, whilst using air as a breathing gas, to a maximum depth of twenty (20) meters in a safe manner.

4.3 If he has received additional training he can dive to dive to a recommended maximum depth of
twenty (20) meters with other SCUBA divers of the same level.
So, it is basically up to individual divers whether to see this as a rule or a mere recommendation.
Anyway, back to the thread. When I got my computer, I went through the manual, and was more confused then before reading it. It took me whole day of silting info to come up with my own user sheet. Now, I need 5 minutes max to find out how to do anything I need/want with my computer (if I forgot in the first place).
So, maybe people do read instructions, but just can't use what they found in there.

Read the manual? :eek:

I always read the manuals. N

I disagree. Sometimes on SB you disagree always most of the time. However, usually you sometimes would not agree to disagree maybe. Or not.

Depends...

Confusing quotes. 1.1 what is it saying ? That the training sessions are limited to 20 meters ( with an instructor). or the training enables the diver (on his own)to dive to a max of 20 meters.

4.3 is the confusing one. What if you have not had any additional training???? IT is a conditional statement. You can dive to the recommended depth of 20 meters IF you have additional training. I cant say I recall ever seeing working like this before.

And there lies source of confusion. I've been told that I can go down to 10 meters with same level diver and down to 18 meters with higher level diver. 20 meter is open only with an instructor.
But, as you can see it for yourself, there is nothing in official wording, that subjects you to this limits.

What i took from that aspect of the wording was the depth was determined by the diver with the lowest certifed limits. In short my training does not qualify me to take some one of less training to go to my depths. Like wise i have always taken that the OW has a limit to 60 ft unless with an instructor in a training environment. The entire depth arguements are really silly because the OW recreational limit is 130. The training is staged into 3 classes OW basic OW advanced and OW deep. Some only do 2 classes. As the recreational training is split up so it only makes sence that until you get all the recreational training you dont get to use all the recreational water depth. The last class I sat in on did not discuss CESSA as a viable tool when diving less than 60 ft on your ow card. Ther course was built on diving less than 60 ft so it was a given. Even when they taught that they said that when they came back for AOW they would no longer use CESA as it was a "shallow" water skill.

And there lies source of confusion. I've been told that I can go down to 10 meters with same level diver and down to 18 meters with higher level diver. 20 meter is open only with an instructor.
But, as you can see it for yourself, there is nothing in official wording, that subjects you to this limits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom