Why Not? Nassau!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have to be in Miami April 29-May 2nd, so I decided to pop over to Nassau and get my AOW at Stuart Cove. Rented a house, a car and plan to hang out till the 8th. PLan on diving with Nassau Divers too to get a different perspective.....will post findings upon my return.

Been decades since I was on Nassau. Any recommendations for restaurants and laid back drinking establishments?

No one?

I'm trying to wrap my head around not driving one hour down to Key Largo and doing the AOW there. Since you don't have a fly back you could even do more diving.

Last time I was in Nassau we were at the Atlantis. Only shore side (across the bridge) place we went was Senor Frogs which is not that laid back. Unless you think of the bartender climbing onto the bar and doing a pretty good Elvis impersonation laid back. There were a number of pub style places too.

When I was there I ate under the exit bridge a couple of times. (Just look for the slums and don't be flashy) I also ate at the poop deck next to Bahama Divers.

I'm trying to wrap my head around not driving one hour down to Key Largo and doing the AOW there. Since you don't have a fly back you could even do more diving.
too.

Never cared for diving the Keys....did it plenty when I lived down there, but I'm an island guy:)

Well, I'm here. It's hot and the water looks very inviting for tomorrow's AOW. Off to the Poop Deck for dinner tonight:)

Sounds good enjoy a Kalik for me.

Completed my AOW yesterday. The last two dives we were surrounded by some very curious sharks! Nice wall dive, pretty lively coral and plenty of fish. The Sharks were interesting to watch as I'm sure I was to them :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom