Why not do my DM on Koh Tao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heck, I'll give you a bang up unbiased recommendation for Blue Planet

I dove with them for two weeks last Feb, and two weeks in 2003 and two weeks in 2002, and awesome experience every time.

However

The place was up for sale, I assume it's sold because I couldn't see it listed on ThaiVisa. They have a new pricing structure in place and. unfortunately, it's gotten to expensive to dive there anymore, a hundred bucks for two dives. Once I factor in the increased accommodation prices on Lanta ( about 1000 THB for a fan bungalow ) I figure I'm better off in some AI resort in the Bay Islands.

It all depends on how fast you want your certification. It appears that BP DMT's were spending quite a lot of time, as in months, working on their DM, which is great, really, as the job is as much about experience as education.

Also BP will give you exposure to the "real" dive industry, namely resort divers, with all their idiosyncrasies and demands.

You'll be spending quite a lot of time on boats and getting in less dives than you would on Tao. Divesites are 2-5 hours away..each way so it's really only two dives a day whereas on KT you might find yourself doing 4-5/ day.

But it's not about the number of dives, it's about developing good customer service skills.

Good luck.

this is what the BBC's Andrew Marr said about bloggers

A lot of bloggers seem to be socially inadequate, pimpled, single, slightly seedy, bald, cauliflower-nosed young men sitting in their mother's basements and ranting. They are very angry people," he told the Cheltenham Literary Festival. "OK – the country is full of very angry people. Many of us are angry people at times. Some of us are angry and drunk".

"But the so-called citizen journalism is the spewings and rantings of very drunk people late at night

He may have a point!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to do my internship with Wicked Diving in Khao Lak, over 6 weeks.

After this I'm heading to Koh Tao to learn all about Videography...

Good luck, have fun and dive safely!
:wave:

Well, this course will be from 06/01/11 untill 16/02/11. I'll be in Thailand from 07/12, checking out the Andaman coast until end Dec & then I'll go to the Gulf for Chistmas & NYE. Would like to dive with anyone from Scubaboard, if you're up for it...

I'll be there from Dec 15 to Jan 22, with Sunshine Divers/Ban's on Koh Tao. Doing an MSDT internship there (Now don't y'all stone me, I know it's not fair, but I need the experience!). So, not sure how much my time will be my own, but I won't be one of these slaves that dive 4 weeks with no break, that's for sure! I am not looking for work right now, right there, so if you want to visit Koh Tao, I'm sure my bungalow will have a couch or such for you to crash on, and I can free up a day or two to go fun diving.

Hi Bert,
so what did you end up doing? Oh and by the way, compare the Youtube pages from the different videography companies on Koh Tao and I think you'll be able to make up you mind.

Back
Top Bottom