Why no RMV on SW computers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joneill

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I saw this on the Teric manual for Avelo mode and it made me wonder why they let you enter a tank size for that (I get it's required for that system) but not for OC diving as they were concerned that you could set it up incorrectly? You could also set up Avelo mode incorrectly so why is there still a "nanny mode" restriction on other modes?

Not a big deal but would be nice for those of us who generally dive the same size tank to have RMV built in and calculated directly on the computer (I now get it on the awesome Dive Log app on my iPhone by importing the computer logs via bluetooth to a template that has the AL 80 tanks size pre-defined).

Avelo Mode:

Avelo.jpg

Other modes:
No RMV.jpg

There are only 2 tanks sizes with the same working pressure, 300 bar, for the Avelo system, 10 liter and 8 liter.

Shearwater does not trust the average diver to correctly enter the tank size and working pressure to calculate RMV from SAC.

There are only 2 tanks sizes with the same working pressure, 300 bar, for the Avelo system, 10 liter and 8 liter.

Shearwater does not trust the average diver to correctly enter the tank size and working pressure to calculate RMV from SAC.
If Shearwater does not want you to do it on the computer, they could at least allow you to do it after the fact in the Cloud, they don't have that either. It could easily be part of the gases summary.

I have suggested this to Shearwater several times, I'm sure I'm not the only one. While they're at it, maybe they could add SurfGF to the graph, a nice complement to GF99.

Considering the growing number of divers using RMV, and the likely disappearing Avelo system in a few years, it was an indeed odd choice by Shearwater. One wonders if the Avelo folks "funded" the software mod.

a
Considering the growing number of divers using RMV, and the likely disappearing Avelo system in a few years, it was an indeed odd choice by Shearwater. One wonders if the Avelo folks "funded" the software mod.

Someone should ram a jackhammer down whoever decided at shearwater for deciding to use resources for Avelo and not solid state O2 Sensors.
Its like purchasing a nectie instead of a blanket to a person currently freezing to death

a

Someone should ram a jackhammer down whoever decided at shearwater for deciding to use resources for Avelo and not solid state O2 Sensors.
Its like purchasing a nectie instead of a blanket to a person currently freezing to death
LOL. How do you *really* feel?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom