Why my thread about picture of dead animal in avatar is gone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Basic Civics class information you obviously have forgotten. The Free Speech you mention only applies to what the Government can, and can not, do. You have no right to free speech on am internet forum UNLESS it is owned/managed by the Government. The Owners of a private ANYTHING can restrict your free speech at their whim.
Your Employer (if it's not the Government), a restaurant owner, movie theater usher, etc, etc can all impose rules that limit your free speech. This is why the whole NFL/Kapernick kneel controversy is so dumb. The NFL can limit what they want, when they want, where they want because they, and the Individual teams are Privately owned.
Funny to me though that you complain out your free speech being "violated" when your original beef was about someone's avatar picture you didn't like and questioned whether it should be allowed. If you feel your words should be protected then their picture, another form of speech, should be protected as well........unless you are one of those that think the "rules" shouldn't apply to you...just others.
Hi :)
Thanks for this information as I have never attended a basic civic class or to be more precise I have never attended an US basic civic class; indeed the world is wide :)
So, If I have understood (sorry but I am not that smart following US way of thinking), the class you attended taught you that you cannot have any beef against any topic as it violates freedom of speech and the fact of voicing a concern is good enough to have your thread deleted. Please enlight me :)

Basic Civics class information you obviously have forgotten. The Free Speech you mention only applies to what the Government can, and can not, do...
Huh? Wasn't their comment about "censorship?" Censorship is censorship. Whether government does it or a company or an individual. Whether it happens in the US or in Mozambique. The First Amendment doesn't have anything to do with whether censorship is censorship. The First Amendment is a limit on the federal government, but the concept of free speech being important is broader, and censorship is censorship.

Pretending that because something is not illegal it's not unethical? Shame on you!

Huh? Wasn't their comment about "censorship?" Censorship is censorship. Whether government does it or a company or an individual. Whether it happens in the US or in Mozambique. The First Amendment doesn't have anything to do with whether censorship is censorship. The First Amendment is a limit on the federal government, but the concept of free speech being important is broader, and censorship is censorship.

Pretending that because something is not illegal it's not unethical? Shame on you!

Censorship is censorship you are correct on that. This is a private site owned by an individual so there is no legal issues involved with deleting threads, moving threads etc. If @The Chairman or the mods decide to do so then that is up to them.

What is ethical or unethical is totally a personal thing and everyone differs on what is ethical and unethical.

I vote for closing this thread a question was asked and answered no reason to keep hashing it out.

I didn't see the thread in question. I didn't have to, either. i trust the mods here.

Threads that are closed or deleted usually are problematic in that they cause strife within the membership. We have all the strife we could use with people still using split fins and putting their masks on their foreheads. [/sarcasm]

Mods are amazing volunteers who have one goal: keep things nice and civil. I appreciate and value their time, their commitment and their resourcefulness. Really. So, if a thread or user starts taking too much energy from the mods to keep things civil, it or they will probably disappear from ScubaBoard. If you want to verbally assault other divers then rec.scuba or even the decostop will better suit you. After all, those are the conditions you agreed to when you signed up here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom