why Jet Fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

StSomewhere:
Maybe you can do those kicks with paddle fins. I have a pair of Cressi fins that are pretty much worthless at the backward kick (by worthless I mean I go backwards on the powerstroke and forwards on the loadstroke because they are so prone to bending). The Jetfins are much better. IMO. YMMV.
Yeah my milage varied a lot. Jetfins are one the most akward fins I have found for the back kick. Don't get me wrong, I love my jets, but for the back kick they are not that flash at all IMHO.
The aqualung blade 2's and Mares quattro's are far superior for the back kick.

If Mr. DIR decided Force Fins were great for swimming backwards and should be pink for high visibility they would be selling like snow shovels in Buffalo and people would be writing testaments to how great they are.

I'm on quattros most of the time. Power Plana Graphites were great but are no longer made and won't fit over my drysuit or newer wetsuit boots. rocket 2's are popular here because of the tremendous foot pockets.

I have some of those Plana Graphites, I love them and have used them more than once to move scuba gear through the water. I like them for free diving as well. It is to bad they no longer make them. N

Back
Top Bottom