Why don't more dive shops display more (any?) BP/Ws?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS (The Scuba Connection in Hillsborough NJ) probably has as many or more BP/W setups on display as they do traditional BCDs.
Same here... more or less. I think it's a lot more common at shops where there are a lot of local deep, cold water dives than it is in areas where 99% of divers fly to the tropics to dive.

Same here... more or less. I think it's a lot more common at shops where there are a lot of local deep, cold water dives than it is in areas where 99% of divers fly to the tropics to dive.

Definitely true in my experience. I went to the "largest dive shop on the island" in Maui, and they didn't know what a d-ring or a bolt-snap was. It's hard to fault them for catering to the predominant audience though.

I know and dive with a number of folks who use DSS. You won't find those in an LDS, as they are direct marketed to the public online.

Humm. Bet my dealers would disagree.
As someone who's purchased DSS gear from an LDS, I would also disagree... although the online sales and support is excellent too.

Why would you want to replace crap with something from the same manufacturer?

Web Monkey:
. . . I'd contact the manufacturer, explain what happened and ask for a replacement BC with a safe weight retention mechanism. . . .

Terry

Humm. Bet my dealers would disagree.

Tobin

Well, I stated these are my observations, not anything I have gone out and researched! :D Tobin, to my knowledge, you have no dealers in Denver, and we have a dozen or so diveshops!

I see what you're saying Terry, but if I felt something I bought had inherent design problems, I wouldn't be requesting that the manufacturer design something better... I'd buy from a different company that already had.

Back
Top Bottom