Why does it cost so much to transfer from Angeles City to Puerto Gallera???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ushipb00

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
The cheapest quote i could find for a ride and boat from Angeles City to Puerto Gallera was $467 US round trip. Why so much. How many miles is this? and why so expensive.

Will I find a cheaper quote?
Thanks.

The cheapest quote i could find for a ride and boat from Angeles City to Puerto Gallera was $467 US round trip. Why so much. How many miles is this? and why so expensive.

Will I find a cheaper quote?
Thanks.
oh yeah it's far!!!

and if i undertood it correctly from the manila bay area to batangas the current streams northward ergo takes far more fuel to go against it

angeles is about 2hrs north of manila... PG is 2hrs south + 1.5hrs ferry crossing...

we're not factoring in the 0.5-1hr transit wthin manila from the NLEX to the SLEX...

either way that's still only about 7-8hrs. travel... you're in for a x2 that easily IF you could find a boat

hiring a van or car to get you to PG is faster, safer and would be faaaaar cheaper... i think it's like <100US$ for the van hire

Jag

Thanks it make more sense now. So I think was going to be a private car or van from Angeles City to Batangas. Then the boat ride across. Once across is it another car ride? or am I there? And the ferry ride is 1.5 hrs. Man it is far. PG better be some good scuba divin.

Thanks it make more sense now. So I think was going to be a private car or van from Angeles City to Batangas. Then the boat ride across. Once across is it another car ride? or am I there? And the ferry ride is 1.5 hrs. Man it is far. PG better be some good scuba divin.
are you in a rush to get from angeles to PG?

my reco would be to get on a bus from angeles to manila - specifically swagman hotel (Manila Hotels: The Swagman Hotel Manila & Travel Service Philippines - The Australia Hotel) actually give them a call as they may even help you get from angeles to manila w/o having to take the public bus

from swagman (or another hotel, palm plaza i think, damn, can't remember now) .. there found it Lotus Garden Hotel - Manila Hotel in Manila Philippines Hotels

anyway, they have a daily (or twice daily) bus from manila to batangas pier - it's a couple of hundred pesos - if i'm not mistaken under $10

from there it's a ferry or you can ask your resort to make arrangements

is PG good diving?

imagine you, jessica alba, and a tube of tanning oil :wink: - only for diving :biggrin:

hope this helps

Jag

imagine you, jessica alba, and a tube of tanning oil :wink: - only for diving :biggrin:

hope this helps

Jag

Sure sold me.. tee hee!

If you wanted to do the entire trip from Angeles to PG in one day, you will need to get a very early start. I would also suggest doing that trip on a Sunday when the traffic is much lighter. The last public boat out of Batangas for PG leaves mid-afternoon. If you arrive too late, then you are stuck in Batangas or you'll have to get a private boat for the last stretch to PG.

Breaking the trip up over a couple of days may be a saner option especially if you are traveling mid-week. A private vehicle from Angeles to Manila would be the most convenient as the driver could take you directly to one of the hotels mentioned above where you can unwind for a night before finishing the journey the next day with their respective bus/van services to Batangas and the 90 minute boat trip to PG.

Another hotel in the same neighbourhood as Lotus Garden and Swagman is Citystate. The Sikat bus/ferry service runs out of their lobby and has a daily trip leaving at 8am. The cost is 700pesos which includes both bus and boat (but not the terminal fee or environmental fee levied at the Batangas Pier... another 60 pesos or so). Sikat also operates the return trip from Sabang Beach back to Citystate daily at 9am.

Yup, the diving is worth the trip. I might pass on one, or maybe two dives for an afternoon with Jessica and the tanning oil... but after that, get me into the water.

SO I do this on the cheap or drop or $400 and go private all the way?
again depends on your priorities - rushing or being in dive condition when you get there

Edvin Eng once did a trip where a private van (c/o Balai) picked up his group at the Clark airport and drove them straight to Anilao. With a couple pitstops in between for lunch, pee and stretch it took them all of 8 hours one way... and this is anilao, they weren't trying to beat any ferry crossing skeds

sure it was convenient but the whole group was wasted and plastered by the time they arrived

personally i would reco an overnight in manila to take the Sikat trip (Citystate hotel... thanks schaff) the hotel is smack-dab in downtown manila, within 10 minute walk of a major mall where you can get great meals, excellent beer, last-minute supplies and even watch a movie or 2

if you take that trip you can be in the water before lunch of the day you leave manila... i imagine that if you take a direct angeles-PG private trip you'll still be too knackered to dive in the evening

Jag

Sure sold me.. tee hee!

nice!!! I'm sold

and don't you just love the fact that she'll be your photo buddy as well?

jessica_alba_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom