why Dive Rite drysuits have been going up up up in price?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

utdivermatt:
I dont know what the deal is Mike, but I hate watching it. I was pretty convinced I wanted a 905, but at the rate prices are going I wont be able to afford it. I liked it especially because of its list of features, compared to about a $1200 price tag. It was much more bang for the buck, in my opinion, than DUI, but now they seem to be following the same trend. Maybe if the sales drop off enough they will cut back the price?

I agreed with you completely. I have done the dui dog days, and started comparing suits, it seems like the 905s were in the 1200's last April. I have read a lot of good reviews but have not had the opportunity to dive in 905. Dive rite also does drysuit tryouts dives like DUI, I had not been aware. Hopefully the cost will not go up much more.

spectrum:
The exchange rate is most likely the major culprit.

Exactly right. I got my 905 a couple years ago before the dollar had a slump,but from a DUI TLS owner I think the 905 is a better suit for a fair price. In fact my DUI TLS is a frankenstein because I made it better by putting 905 boots on it.

The Diving Concepts suits seem to be made very well and are only about 1300. The guy I dive with just bought one and likes it, just found out it's made from Rubatex, the same neoprene DUI used to make all of their suits from, now they get their neoprene from somewhere cheaper, and yet that savings does not seem to have been passed down to the consumer????

Take a look at the Pinnacle Aquatics Evolution drysuit. Comparable the 905 and 6 months ago was about $100 less....

You just have a problem:D the $ is a very weak currency so you have to pay for it.
We have the euro and all the stuff we buy in the US is getting very cheap:rofl3:
and we love it.I'm a Oceanic dealer and my prices dropped 30+%.
What a great world we live in :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom