Why dive Deep Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sadly, one has to wonder if such a thing happened today, would someone be subject to court-martial for letting him do it? Ah, what a cynic I've become in a world where fallen astronauts become "victims" rather than heroes and no diving feat seems to be admired unless it is DIR.

Trace, if no diving feat seems to be admired unless it is DIR, I have to say that perhaps you should change the company you keep. :wink:

Trace, if no diving feat seems to be admired unless it is DIR, I have to say that perhaps you should change the company you keep. :wink:

Yeah, I'm looking into doing some hat diving. :D

GMC Frank Loughman followed an 8-inch thick steel hawser 250 feet down. At this depth, the current caused the hawser to bend.
Loughman paused to rest and became entangled in the hawser, breaking his hip in the process. Loughman fell unconscious and GMC Frank W. Crilley dove in after him, disregarding personal safety. He found Loughman and worked for an hour and a half to free him. Both men took hours to decompress and developed decompression sickness on the surface.

After a lapse of time of 2 hours and 11 minutes, CRILLEY was brought to the surface,

Thats quite a dive!

Going on round figures of 100 minutes at 250 feet gives nearly 24 HOURS of deco. :shocked2:

And CNS of 250%

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom