Why DIN?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I think DINs are VERY overrated! Stick with yoke as much as possible. I worked as a deep saturation diver in the oil fields of the North Sea for over 16 years and just retired in 2002. The only time we ever used DIN connections were for the deep bail out systems and they were Posiedon First Stages. In the bell, they were a monumental pain in the ***. Locking up too often to release easily, little grip potential when wet or damp, too easily cross threaded if your in a hurry.. I can honestly say it sucked. If they could make yokes that took over 3500 psi, I would have loved it. If your sport diving, not doing wreck penetration and have very little to do with ropes, down lines and you are not in a working enviroment, stick with yokes. They are easy to remove from your tank, fast and efficent and are very rock solid on a tank. In over 30 years of diving, I have never had a yoke regulator come off a tank valve, been dinged or damaged. And believe me, when we were AIR/Nitrox surface supplied diving, the bail outs were all Scubapro MKIII first stage yoke fittings. Neve once a problem. All my twin sets are LP Steels and all are yoke type manifold. Ill never dive a DIN again if I can help it.

Alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom