Why did you go PRO

Why did you decide to go PRO..be honest!

• To improve my knowledge and skills

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • To share my skills and knowledge with others

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • To make money

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • To impress my dive buddies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other..explain

Votes: 7 25.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never intended to!! for >20years i was perfectly happy with the AOW+ rescue ( or it's equivalent anyway). but an instructor friend and dive buddy of mine needed a DM but didn't want a padi 3 month wonder shop monkey, so he asked me to do it. i still regret it.

Otter once bubbled...
BSA Policy requires the group leader to be DM or above. <snip>

Otter --

Very cool. I'm an Assistant Scout Master myself. We just had our annual planning session last weekend and the boys have elected to certify this year as a troop activity. I think it's going to add a lot to the troop. We've got training on the calendar and a troop campout at Devil's Den and Blue Grotto in the works. It should be a great time.

If you've got any advice for a Scout Leader headed down that road, please be free to share with me since you've apparently already bought the t-shirt and all ~smile~ I can be e-mailed at spiel@learn-scuba.com if you so desire.

its still hard to be called a leader because it was only a could of years ago that i was a scout and now im a leader. I mainly work at the district level on the training staff for scoutmaster leader training (formerly SMF). My one biggest thing about doing presentation on scuba that yes it is a activity for most everybody but it require dedicated and following the rules. because there is alot more to diviing then sticking a reg in your mouth and going down. and most of all it require maturity and responsibility.

YIS

Dan White
Dallas Texas
Circle Ten Council

ScubaTooth --

My son will be aging out this coming April. He's having a bit of trouble adjusting to that idea himself. I just wish he was going to have time enough to get a palm on his Eagle, but doesn't look like that will happen.

Anyway... YIS back at you...

K. Scott Piel
Kissimmee FL
Central Florida Council

Rather than seeing dive destinations for a week or two, I decided to do the circuit taking a few years at each stop.

And since few island dive destinations have enough local instructors to meet the demand, it seems that diving was the way to go. I could have tried to find jobs in my field in each destination, but there isn't a huge demand for laboratory geneticists in Micronesia or the Caribbean.

dont feel bad i came down to two weeks left before my 18th when i got everything submitted, but i tell you it was worth everybit of sweat and dirt to get there, and it has paid dividends already for me and i only got it three years ago.

Well, I wish I could offer more advice, but we are still in our infancy. My oldest is almost 17 and will be completing (fingers crossed) his Eagle project next month. After that, he can get more involved in the Venture Crew and help planning the trips.

One of the areas we have been considering is the Scout Base in Florida.....any thoughts?

I wonder if we can get our own Forum? KN or LD, any chance for a BSA Diving Forum?

I love diving and I am a social animal so what better way to meet new people than to teach them. I did an intro to scuba the other day for a group of kids (and a few adults) and the look of WONDER on their face in a five foot swimming pool cannot be surpassed.

divemed06 once bubbled...
For those of you who are dive pros (ie. DM and up) Just wondering what was your initial intention when going pro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom