Why bungee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without drilling holes in the case, whats the best way to bungee a standard oceanic puck computer ?
Advice appreciated.

Please check my blog link below (scroll down the page). I have a review of the DSS Suunto SK-7 Compass and Sunnto Vyper wrist mounts. Really like them - for all the reasons listed above!

Dive safe.

This is bungee...

Attachments

• Handsets 004 copy.jpg
    Handsets 004 copy.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 112
hamsiss:
Pardon me
What is "bungee"?
Is this "bungee";

That's a retracter.

Michael

Andrew Richardson:
Please describe. I have both a computer & compass to convert.
The simplest way I know of to eliminate a single point of wrist strap failure (the way I've done it), is to have two pieces of bungee acting as independant straps. Obviously, this requires four connection points.

In order to minimize a gauge "flapping around" if one cord breaks, I cross them as shown in this crude drawing:
bungee.GIF

Hadn't thought of that, Matt. I have two pieces, but they don't cross. I guess I'm willing to live with the flap for a dive (I keep extra bungee with my spares, so would only be an issue for one dive). That said, looks sleek. Notice any issues having them crossed? For my compass, I use Tobin's boot and thread it to offset the compass (easier to read without placing my arm perpendicular to my chest). Could that be done with crossed straps?

Padipro:
This is bungee...

Someone might confuse you with a robotcop...:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom