Why aren't more people taking up scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once they found out they couldn't get calls and talk on their cell phones underwater they left! When someone figures out how to do that they'll come back.
I really hope this never happens. I dive for peace and quiet. The last thing I need is a bunch of surface dwellers bringing their drama down with them :)

I agree with EFX. The peace and tranquility U/W has always been a primary attraction to SCUBA diving. No brain scatter-credit card bills, who tailgated me on the freeway-none of that when diving. I often dive solo. A dive or two and I'm ready to re-engage.

Agree for sure on the cell phone thing. Not so much on talking uw with FFM. Too bad it's apparently so expensive--seems very practical to me.

Agree for sure on the cell phone thing. Not so much on talking uw with FFM. Too bad it's apparently so expensive--seems very practical to me.
Having rented and used some FFM's with comms recently I can say it was pretty fantastic for buddy diving. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and FFM is definitely in my future purchase plans at some point.

it's only about ~$2k or so. That's not very expensive when you take into account the grand scheme of scuba diving.
For me, way expensive. Depends on your Grand Scheme.

Back
Top Bottom