Why aren't more people taking up scuba diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven't rinsed a piece of gear in probably 10 years. Even at the end of the season. The stuff is designed to work in salt water, yanno.

So a follow up question - do you send your gear in at the end of the year for a tune up (regs or BC)? If not do you only fix when it leaks/breaks?
That is a truly interesting comment - I don't think I have ever heard that before - not rinsing...

Thanks Wookie

I have skied on all those designs, and couldn't agree more.....

even golf is easier with the development of the "stroke correction" heads vs. the past when everyone used "blades" (that now, only a pro dares).

Wanna know what the greatest ski innovation was? Without THIS innovation none of the extreme stuff would be possible.

the "you purchased a ticket - its an automatic liability release" started in Colorado & adopted nationwide???????? :confused:

Reactions: RJP
Laminated light weight construction - allowing flex and strength of the skis?

Laminated light weight construction - allowing flex and strength of the skis?

Nope.

I shouldn't say the extreme stuff wouldn't be possible... but it would not have taken off the way it did. And of course the allure/marketing of the extreme stuff attracted a whole new generation of skiers... 99% of which do nothing extreme whatsoever.

Hint: none of the three skiers pictured above would be out there if not for this disruptive innovation, and they all receive the same benefit from this innovation. In fact, there are 4-6 other people - who are not pictured - who also receive this same benefit from those three skiers using this innovation.

Wanna know what the greatest ski innovation was? Without THIS innovation none of the extreme stuff would be possible.

Rope tow --> Chair lift

:headscratch:

---------- Post added December 11th, 2014 at 04:01 PM ----------

snow making?

oh oh oh

binding brake

(the suspense is killing me)

I haven't rinsed a piece of gear in probably 10 years. Even at the end of the season. The stuff is designed to work in salt water, yanno.

I meant to say something about your wetsuit.

Titanium regs may take that, but chromed brass may have problems if the SW is left to dry.

(the suspense is killing me)

Ok, another hint: we have two people (a pop star-turned-politician, and a member of America's "royal family") to thank for this innovation taking the slopes by storm at the end of the 90's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom