DIR- GUE Why are non-GUE divers so interested in what GUE does?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP's description of non-GUE divers' behavior did not sound like a description of badgering behavior to me:

But perhaps you're right, and this all boils down to GUE divers feeling badgered by others "being super-interested in what GUE does"?
I am with you

Recent threads about the non-standard JJ configuration used by GUE may have triggered it.

Recent threads about the non-standard JJ configuration used by GUE may have triggered it.
Do you have a link to the thread?

Someone asked why GUE divers should care about what others do, and I simply pointed out that it was at least for a while part of the mission of DIR divers to tell non-DIR divers why they should use DIR gear and methods.

Yeah and most people would not react well to that. It's like being chased around by Mormons who want you to join their religion.
GUE divers don't need to care how I dive unless they want to be my dive buddy and know how my gear is configured lol

I know not related but watch this in full it's pretty funny "You were here to talk all night long, before you learned I knew the scripture."

GUE divers don't need to care how I dive unless they want to be my dive buddy and know how my gear is configured lol
And I suspect they do not care how you dive. Unless you want to get in a time machine and go back to the time John was referring to.

I also don't want to walk in the street and all the time be sexually harassed by gorgeous Eastern European top-models, but life is hard and some times we have no option.

Unless you want to get in a time machine and go back to the time John was referring to.
I think that they did try to have a positive impact (at least that is what their intention was), but they saw the death grip mediocrity has on the industry and moved on.

...get in a time machine and go back to the time John was referring to.

Yeah, prior to GUE's existence. 😉😁

I should also point out that the link I gave is an active part of a current DIR group's website, so the degree to which it is past history is questionable.

That is my local group and I can personally attest to the fact that they still exhibit some of the old attitudes and behaviors, much more so than other chapters I have interacted with. I honestly believe it is an unsustainable strategy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom