Why are Mods anonymous and wont answer questions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What stealth edits?

If a moderator makes an edit, there should be left behind where the change was made, something that looks like this (Mod edit) or《mod edit》or well you get the idea, not every moderator does it exactly the same way.

I suppose I'm okay with edits IF the post shows a tag that it has been edited, and the poster is notified that their post was edited. However this contradicts what @Wookie said, as he seemed to indicate a strict policy of no edits.

Reactions: BRT
I suppose I'm okay with edits IF the post shows a tag that it has been edited, and the poster is notified that their post was edited. However this contradicts what @Wookie said, as he seemed to indicate a strict policy of no edits.
No.

We edit in the case of the poster asking us to, if more than 24 hours has elapsed. Otherwise a post lives or dies on it's own.

There is other guidance, written down for mod use.

Reactions: OTF
We edit in the case of the poster asking us to, if more than 24 hours has elapsed. Otherwise a post lives or dies on it's own.
We are actively discussing this very thing at the moment, but that's a great explanation in my mind.

Here's the rub... mods don't have to edit a post unless they want to. This is especially true when deleting a number of OT posts. It's a lot of extra work for them to clean up a problem the poster made, so it depends on their largesse, and rightfully so.

Holy Shite, which of you guys are the bigger idiot? The original idiot or the guys arguing with the original idiot for 11 pages. Ever try to argue with a drunk person? Absolutely pointless right? Even if you win the argument, they won’t remember tomorrow anyway.

The fact that I’m here stating the obvious should embarrass you all.

Holy Shite, which of you guys are the bigger idiot? The original idiot or the guys arguing with the original idiot for 11 pages. Ever try to argue with a drunk person? Absolutely pointless right? Even if you win the argument, they won’t remember tomorrow anyway.

And yet, you're here.

Holy Shite, which of you guys are the bigger idiot? The original idiot or the guys arguing with the original idiot
You sound like the biggest idiot out of everyone who posted on this thread before you got here.

diver.net is still around and it’s older than SB, (late 90’s I think). It’s a Southern CA based board.
True, it is still around but not real active.

4 posts in the last week.

The best resource on that board was the dive boat listing, a lot of the info on that page is out of date now. Too bad, it was handy back in the day.

You sound like the biggest idiot out of everyone who posted on this thread before you got here.

Wow, witty and succinct. No wonder you’re so well liked. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom