Why are jetfins so good?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter:
I don't know why Jets are so much better. Just looking at them, I'd expect them to give similar results, but I've used both and there's no comparison.

I agree when I'm free diving, but when I add the extra mass of SCUBA, it's like those cartoon characters whose legs are spinning but can't seem to get moving.

I hate those huge pics, they screw up the entire page.

Well, I'm going to take your advice and try a pair. I just bid on a pair of Jets on ebay. While I know I won't be giving up my FF Pros as my daily divers, I'm not against having a pair of Jets for snorkling or for conditions where I don't like my FFs. I already own a pair of Rockets, a pair of Dacor Turbos (barnboards) and a pair of Voits ( not sure of model, but they are closed heeled antiques that I use for snorkling) so what the hell, for $40, let's see what you guys are taking about.
C-Dawg
PS I hate the giant photos too...thought they had to be under 200KB?

Purchase my Scubapro Jet Fins in 1968 and still use them. Taken care of them by washing with fresh water after ever dive trip and then rubbing them down with Armorall. Have tried several new designs but keep comming back to my Jets ..... they will last forever if taken care of ..... just replace the straps from time to time (don't get the Armorall on the straps because this will cause them to slip). Other companies have tried to improve the design and failed .... just look on ebay for a good deal on these cheap "copy cat" fins.

Rocket Fins are nothing like Jets. They are completely different fins in the water. The Jet is a great fin, the Rocket is a slug of impervious rubber that acts like lead socks in comparison to the Jet. I rank Rockets near the bottom. I have posted this photo before but it has the Jet beside the Rocket. Notice how different they are--why ask why they are different when one can just look at them and see they are different?

DSCF0217.jpg

Rockets are very different from Jets and you can see it and feel it. N

Walter:
Does that reduce the size of the photos?

If you use Firefox (which I recommend over IE) then add Nuke Anything. Install it and next time you see some over-sized pics just right click on them and choose 'Remove this object' and voila it's gone... it'll resize the screen too.

I am still waiting to hear, if the OMS fins are any good or not.

*Floater*:
If you use Firefox (which I recommend over IE) then add Nuke Anything. Install it and next time you see some over-sized pics just right click on them and choose 'Remove this object' and voila it's gone... it'll resize the screen too.

Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Walter:
Jets are the best fins I've ever used, Rockets are one on the worst. They are much more difficult to use.

I have both Jet fins and a Rocket Fins and don't notice much difference between them. My Rockets are the old one size fits all version which menas that they are smaller than my Jets (XL) a plus for tight places, but not a plus for moving lots of gear in a current or for drysuit boots. Other than the size difference, I'd rate them a dead heat for normal diving.

Jackie

Walter:
Thanks, but that doesn't solve the problem.

"Nuke Anything" gets rid of the image and resizes what's left so you don't need to scroll from side to side. It's super useful.

However, if you want to just resize the pics then download the "PageZoom" add-on for Firefox. It let's you zoom in and out by pressing Alt+/-. However, it will shrink the text too, so you may either want to open the imagine in a separate tab before zooming, or you can use Ctrl+/- to increase or decrease the size of the text to you preference (it won't affect the pics).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom