Why are 2 AOW-level divers allowed to dive unaccompanied?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure how your French is Frosty but have you checked out Abyss Plongee Abyss Plongée - Club de plongée en Nouvelle Calédonie - Diving in New Caledonia and Wetr - fiche. Two dives a day are pretty standard in FP too but Wetr and Abyss both give the optional pricing for a night dive (plongee nuit) - dont write off FP because you will miss some of the best diving in the world and unless you are diving with someone who decides at 24 dives they want to do Tipuata and ends up in hospital you will never see the gendarmes :D
merci mon ami :) abyss were one I looked into. The 10 dive package looks good. i guess I just like the option of 2 morning and one arvo dive.--a whole day out for two dives just doesn't work for me

HATE MATE MATE---just spoke to lionel at abyss. awrighty tighty we are back on. Noumea it is at easter. Yipeeee. 10 dive package booked for me. four day and two night dives.

Great to hear Frosty - they were recommended highly so please let me know if you enjoyed your time there :D

My understanding is that the captain/dive op owner is held ultimately responsible for any death or injury that occurs on his dive trip.
As such under their law he is held more responsible than an instructor with a student even if he never leaves the boat.--so the pecking order is-diver-dm-instructor-boat operator.
have a look at this--http://www.newcaledonia-diving.com/divingcenters/noumeadiving/nduk.htm
It just so happens im investigating diving next easter in FP--Incidently--Vanuatu is NOTHING like this

That's not so dissimilar to the US as you'd think. Ultimately the Captain is responsible for the ship and anything that happens on it. In the water is a whole other story. It boils down to liability, negligence and all those logical things. The captain isn't generally responsible for things beyond his control (doesn't mean he can't still be sued and forced to defend himself).

Back
Top Bottom