Who's still diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive all winter, though not usually as often as in the warmer weather. The only thing I dislike about winter diving in New England, is it takes my equipment longer to completely dry out. …………………..Arduous

I might see some of you other hardy divers in the wahtah.

I am still diving .... as long as the conditions dont too cold. I would like it to e around 50deg water and above 40deg air,

Trying to head out this Sunday

Southern California has great weather year-round, and not so great water temp. Got a dry suit. Can't think about not diving for 6 months. On top of it, the viz is at its best during winter.

Did Bass Rocks and Old Garden. Vis was wonderful (20-30'). Very little marine life other than crabs. Looks like everyone went South or out deep. Still managed to get 2 bugs at each place. Pebble had 4' breakers so we opted not to go there. We saw 2 groups of other crazy divers but they didn't appear to be hunting. Now if I can just convince my drysuit to stay dry, I'll be a happy guy. Sorry the report is so short but I'm barely functioning on 2 hours sleep in last 48 hours. Ack!:)

decapoddiver once bubbled...
Now if I can just convince my drysuit to stay dry, I'll be a happy guy.

I hear that! My suit just came back from the shop. New zipper and new neck seal. I'm looking forward to trying it out in the next couple weeks. Maybe Friday or Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom