Who would you like to dive with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Walter, I hope we have a chance sometime.

Over the years I've had a chance to dive with (and teach) some "media" celebrities, let me assure you that it's not all it's cracked up to be (except for Dick Smothers, who is a complete gentleman and as funny in real life as he is in his show.

I've also had the chance to dive with a fair number of astronauts (old timers and new comers) and well know diving scientists, and they're a lot more fun. When away from "their public" quickly revert to just plain folks, unlike most of the media types, who are almost always "on". There is a similar problem with many of the "name" divers, only it's worse since we are, well, going diving. The dive industry folks, be it manufacturers, reps or agency people are universally great to dive with (you know Wayne Hasson, the guy you see in the adds for the Aggressor fleet? I can remember diving with him when he was a DM at Casa Bertmar on Grand Cayman ... he was fun).

There are a lot of people from SB that I'd like to dive with and that I hope will come out to Hawaii, I don't want to make a list for fear of overlooking someone that I'd really like to come here and pissing them off.

My favorite person do dive with though is a really good student, that always makes for a dive that you can see through their eyes a bit ... and then, once again, it's new and fresh, and as much fun as you remember it.

Last edited:
There someone said it,

If., then it should be..
Rob Stewart from Sharkwater.

Off the top of my head ... TSandM ... NWGratefulDiver ... John Chatterton ... any of the MOF'ia crew

There's a big distinction to be made between famous people who dive (who don't interest me in the least) and people who became famous because of their diving.

I'll pick the last group and go with Bill Main.

As for the Scubaboard crew there are many who have impressed me over the years who I would like very much to dive with, much more so than anyone famous.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom