who wants to go! Sekiu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jumbo

Reaction score
Orca Bait-

Just figured Id throw it out there.

A group and I are heading to Sekiu the first weekend in June for some spearfishing,diving, camping, eating, and the great night life!

If anyone wants to join us feel free to pm me and get the rest of the info. For those who havent been out to the Neah Bay area its time to check it out, I think its the best shore diving in Washington, last time I was there it felt like the land that time forgot and I think I was moved a little lower on the food chain after a giagantic bull sea lion decided to do a surface swim with me and my bag of fish.

The majority of diving will be in the huge kelp forest right in Sekiu. The dive profile is pretty simple jump in next to the jetty and swim, the max depth I hit last time was about 37 fsw

Jumbo

Any good lakes to dive in Washington? I am a military guy so there is always the possibility I might be out that way and would like to be prepared. Thanks!

Lake Crescent is in that area and it is a deep clear lake with lots of wall structure there.. And it is a great dive, I dive sekiu every year when I go salmon fishing there.

jcmvw1:
Lake Crescent is in that area and it is a deep clear lake with lots of wall structure there.. And it is a great dive, I dive sekiu every year when I go salmon fishing there.
jcmvw1,
Got any good info, pics, or video of Lake Crescent?

Thank you for the story link, found it to be most interesting. And glad to read a happy ending.

Adam-

Bummer you cant make, that school thing can get in the way of diving once in a while.

Lake diving, you can check out Lake Whatcom in Bellingham there is an old saw mill that you can dive on last time I found a axe under some rubble I dont know how old it was but the saw mill has been submerged for 70 years or so. I also have heard that there is a train at about 200 feet in the south end of the lake. I tried getting some specific details but it seems that no body really knows where it is at.

Jumbo,
Thanks for the tip on Lake Whatcom. I will do a little research and see what I can find out. Appreciate the heads up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom