Who wants to dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vis...what's that, lol. 10-15, but..there is a 70 foot long ship in it...along with the normal stuff, boats, steam shovel, etc. Depth average 45. Lines connect everything. Easy dives.

Jay, you still working boats down in MHC ?
Would love to head south but we should be close to sea trials with new engine in the "Under Pressure" by then.
Need to dive somewhere as our 1st trip is to an unknown wreck off Va. Beach in 250fsw.

I'm helping one of 'em. Since the big crew boat got sold, al has been running a six pack, no need for a DM when you have two captains as well. Damn, need to get a licence, lol. Amy has a boat as well, but not for charters, only fun diving. But, someone still needs to hook :) BTW...I want to hit the eureka....

I don't know if we have any trips for that spot this spring, and he is hoping to stay in Hatteras longer this year unless a big meanie comes up the coast & runs him out.
And if that happens it pretty much ruins Va. Beach for the time we have left.
Lynnhaven has all but given up on trips like that, the Morgan seems to be the farthest out they wish to venture. But if 15 divers wanted to go they would probably be game.

I'm going to BTS this weekend, you ever go?

Ive been, al goes...look for Atlantic beach diving...his new boat rocks. Twin cats, fuel efficient and fast. Roomy too. Amy has about the same boat, with Detroits. Beat the crap out if the old crew boats. If you end up near me on the way, let me know...we can hang..

I need to get out with Al this season. He has invited us since he picked up the new boat a few times and saw him at the bar a couple of times last season in MHC.

Jay, is Amy keeping her boat here and running out of Portsmith?

Bobby make a long weekend and run down to FtL mid april with your lovely wife and join us.

Nah, Amy is running out of MHC, and not chartering. Randy, go out with Al, its always worth it.

Is the diving good in Willow? Anything interesting to see? How is the vis?

I usually get there about once or twice a year. Vis is not that great every time I have been there. Best I've seen it was 2-3 feet, worst was about 6in-1ft. There is a sailboat called the Quest that you can dive on. Ladders for entry and exit. Nice bathhouse. Dive shop with air fills on-site.
Home Page

All depending what weather and divers have been like, I have seen less than 6 inches, up to 20 ft. Any rain destroys willow. But, it beats storm any day....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom