Who wants to Discuss Bonaire?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just wish National Geographic would reclassify Bonaire as a South American dive site instead of (can you believe this?) a North American one. I could see Caribbean or even European (for the Dutch link), but North American? Heck, if official geographic agencies recognized it as South American, I'd be there in a flash since I've never dived that continent.

It is a great place indeed, but you'll get more communal hugging if it were to magcally appear in the Bonaire Forum.

Alright now, close your eyes and think good thoughts...

Hey, Doc... what's wrong with it being in the ABC forum?

Must be a part of North America Since NOAA just declared it to have the "Best Reefs"!

Has anyone dove the "Wild Side"? I looked into it the last time I was there but did not get a chance to give it a try. It seems like the diving might be a good bit different considering the different character of that side of the island.

I inquired about Larry while I was there in January and had gotten a similar response from several people...Basically, that Larry was a bit of a drinker (daytime) and it has become somewhat unsafe to dive with him. These claims are unsubstantiated and I do not wish to ruin his dive business if they are untrue. But as I said, I had heard it from a number of people.

Has anyone heard similar claims or had an experience with Larry when he was clearly intoxicated (during the course of business)??

Ah, but it wasn't until around... um... I'd guess post #4. :biggrin:

Ah, now I understand.

I first met Larry back when the Green Parrot was in swing. He told me the joke several times about why European men like women who smoke. Cough cough...

I tried to do his trip a couple of years ago but was cancelled because of high seas. Friends of mine who did his trip liked it. I heard that he runs the dive like a military operation. I also heard from friends that the dive was memorable - once.

He was in rare form at DEMA in November. However, I didn't hear a lot about his adventure when I was there a couple of weeks ago.

I think it would be exciting - once.

I inquired about Larry while I was there in January and had gotten a similar response from several people...Basically, that Larry was a bit of a drinker (daytime) and it has become somewhat unsafe to dive with him. These claims are unsubstantiated and I do not wish to ruin his dive business if they are untrue. But as I said, I had heard it from a number of people.

Has anyone heard similar claims or had an experience with Larry when he was clearly intoxicated (during the course of business)??

I did not do his dive but have buddies who know him and I never heard a negative word about him!

I just wish National Geographic would reclassify Bonaire as a South American dive site instead of (can you believe this?) a North American one. I could see Caribbean or even European (for the Dutch link), but North American? Heck, if official geographic agencies recognized it as South American, I'd be there in a flash since I've never dived that continent.

hmmm...go anyway...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom