WHO WANTS GAS 20% CHEAPER?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! There are a lot of people here who put no value on their time too.
Driving is pleasurable, not a waste of time. I suspect that most speeders waste time when the get to their sorry destination 3 minutes sooner, farting around, watching some plebian game, swilling beer.

Only a miserable fool passes on the right like that and then touches their brakes.
True, but I don't think that was a brake check. He pulled in front of the cop too close for safety so get stopped. I cannot imagine anyone passing then brake checking.
I flick on my lights, and the tail lights are mistaken for brake lights by some tailgating idiots.
Ok, why doesn't everyone leave their lights on Auto and always drive with lights on? Much safer.
I've never heard the term 'brake check'. If it means what I think it does, people who do it need a good beating.
Not a new term, but it is dangerous. I just slow down until they get the idea.

True, but I don't think that was a brake check. He pulled in front of the cop too close for safety so get stopped. I cannot imagine anyone passing then brake checking.

Ok, why doesn't everyone leave their lights on Auto and always drive with lights on? Much safer.

Not a new term, but it is dangerous. I just slow down until they get the idea.
I move over and let them by. Easier on everyone's nerves and insurance premiums.

32mpg at 80mph... that's about twice as good as what I get.

I move over and let them by. Easier on everyone's nerves and insurance premiums.
I'm already over in the right lane.
32mpg at 80mph... that's about twice as good as what I get.
It says I was going 75. It is twice as good as my old F-150 got. Whatever you get, your get a lot more at 55-60.

If you go 50 you will save even more :)

Really depends on your gearing, and how the car is programmed. CVT cars are surprisingly good on gas at a wide range of speeds. Original Kia Souls were horrible on gas at highway speed because it was geared for city driving.

Personally my time is often worth more than the minimal gas costs, so I set my cruise control for 80mph.

Personally my time is often worth more than the minimal gas costs, so I set my cruise control for 80mph.
Most are willing to waste gas & money for speed, your call.

Really depends on your gearing, and how the car is programmed. CVT cars are surprisingly good on gas at a wide range of speeds. Original Kia Souls were horrible on gas at highway speed because it was geared for city driving.

Thats true, mine is manual so I tend to think in that frame :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom