Who uses White's Mk3 undergarments?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Now that winter is sneaking up on us, and I have had a full summer/fall of diving my Fusion, I need to upgrade my undergarments for the winter, and longer dives next spring. I've been using the Mk2 series all summer, and am fairly happy with it, but it's just not warm enough for longer colder dives. Who has used the Mk3's and how did you find them? My LDS also has access to the Pinnacle stuff, so that's a good option for me as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

I use the Mk3 in a standard trilam drysuit. It's MUCH thicker than the MK2, and definitely keeps me warm enough in the high 40s and low 50s diving here. I don't have much to compare it with, but I can say that 1) the fact that it's machine-washable is great, and 2) with a leaky exhaust valve that leaves my left arm soaked through, I've never noticed that I was wet until I take off the suit.

Hi there,

I have used many different undergarments whether for fun diving or a little R&D and the MK3 is the warmest I have ever used hands down.

There are 3 layers to the undergarment; the outer layer is nylon, the inner layer is fleece, and sandwiched in between the two is a layer of Primaloft insulation.

Primaloft is a synthetic material which is as warm as down and retains it's heat properties when wet. This explains why divers who get wet in thier drysuit sometimes don't even notice it. Primaloft is also breathable and has excellent compressional recovery which makes it the perfect isulation for diving. The MK3 also has great flexibility due to the stretch panels which are built into the undergarment.

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom