Who uses an automatic self winding watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After using what I thought was a dive watch that in reality was a dive style watch, which flooded. I researched watches and decided on a St Moritz Aquamatic. I was curious how many on here used an automatic watch and what concerns there are in the routine maintenance and what I should avoid while wearing the watch. I know I have to wear it everyday or at least wind it a few times a week and that it won't be exactly accurate but close enough. I really like the idea of an automatic and may even buy a Seiko one as well to switch between.

I've used the Citizen NH6931-06E 1000 Meter Professional Diver Automatic for about five years now. Phenomenal watch!

After hundreds of dives, I've never had a single problem with it. Built like a battleship, but very large, thick, and pricey.

CITIZENWATCH.com | Welcome to Citizen Watches Online

Attachments

• NH6931-06E.jpg
    NH6931-06E.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 43
I collect watches (yes, another inexpensive hobby like scuba and golf!) and have a number of automatic dive watches. In my opinion the most underrated dive watch on the market is the Seiko Monster (I have a very collectible Orange Monster and an even more collectible Night Monster). I've done all my dives to date with the Orange Monster and a Suunto Gekko.

Cheers!

I just bought an Omega Seamaster 300m Chrono diver, and a Rolex Seadweller. Both are automatic watches, and I'm horrible about remembering to wind the one I'm not using. I also hate resetting them after they run out.

If you've ever looked at watch winders, you know how ridiculously expensive they are. After searching/reading reviews around the net, I bought the following:

Watch Winders Store Company Regency A model

I've been very happy with the winder. It's quite quiet, well made, and pretty to boot. I have nothing to do with this company. Just my opinion.

I just bought an Omega Seamaster 300m Chrono diver, and a Rolex Seadweller. Both are automatic watches, and I'm horrible about remembering to wind the one I'm not using. I also hate resetting them after they run out.

If you've ever looked at watch winders, you know how ridiculously expensive they are. After searching/reading reviews around the net, I bought the following:

I've been very happy with the winder. It's quite quiet, well made, and pretty to boot. I have nothing to do with this company. Just my opinion.

You've spent nearly $10,000 on the watches and you worry about the watch winder being expensive?

Anyway, the watch winder that you've got is a pretty nice unit. I have two of the quad versions.

I know, I know....It's not anywhere near being logical. :shakehead: :D

I use the Seiko Orange Monster with a Maratac band as my daily and as my dive watch.
The accuracy isn't very good but I do check it on a regular basis to keep it on time.

Whats wrong with this $30 winder? looks? Does it not work as well?
Amazon.com: Black color single automatic watch winder: Watches

I've used a Seiko self winding Diving watch since I bought it on Bougainville in 1972, it has never failed and still keeps going. It's machined from a solid block of SS but these days it's getting difficult to get parts for it, probably needs a set of "O" rings now but I cant find them. Ah well, it's been good for a long time so I cant really complain too much.
Regards - ND

Back
Top Bottom