Who uses an automatic self winding watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like automatic watches, and have a Seiko dive watch that I keep as a backup. However for diving I prefer my 300m Citizen Ecodrive dive watch. It keeps excellent time and never has to be opened for a battery change, with the resultant need for resealing and pressure testing.

P11902614.jpg

I have 3 automatic dive watches, 2 Seiko monsters (one orange, one black) and one Citizen Titanium dive watch. I use the Citizen when I dive as a backup (though they don't like to be dropped on pavement, the winding mechanism is currently not working :wink: ).

Just realize that they will get beat up and you may need to adapt them if you are diving a drysuit (especially with dry gloves). I use 2 long velcro strips to make a band for my Citizen, works great with any size suit.

YMMV.

Another vote for the Seiko Monsters, I love these guys especially the orange one. Their hand glow really brightly in the dark and they're pretty tough too. Got one on ebay with full support for $100.

SangP

Breitling Aeromarine Superocean. Been all over the world. It is rugged and flawless. Last service was five years ago: still keeps perfect time.

Back
Top Bottom