Who to dive with in San Juan, PR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coasterp

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be stopping in San Juan on a cruise in Feb. and the ship does not offer an excursion. Can anyone suggest an operator in San Juan to dive with? I would probably need transportation also.

I used Sea Ventures out of Palmas, Fajardo, and Humacao when I was there. This was in Jan of 2010. Most of the shops will not do diving right off of San Juan as I found out. Unless the weather is really good. Jan and Feb it can be a crap shoot. Had planned on shore diving right in front of the Sheraton where my student booked us but the waves were nasty as it had stormed all week. You might look at this guide:The complete Puerto Rico north and east coast scuba diving guide covering dive sites and dive centers

Diving on the east side is nice at that time of year. Fajardo is about an hour out of San Juan and the boats leave early. As I said shore diving may be possible and there are shops in San Juan where you can rent gear but you need to also rent a car to do it. Otherwise plan on a day trip to Fajardo.

Back
Top Bottom