Who to dive with in Puerto Vallarta?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We spent a week in PV earlier this month and dove with Alex and Donna's company, La Ola Ocean Adventures. It was all around a fantastic experience! We researched and contacted several companies -- our criteria were small groups, personal service, and good value -- and La Ola came out ahead. Alex and Donna were responsive to our queries and came through with a super deal. (and this was back in January, before the swine flu made it a total buyer's market)

Alex picked us up at the airport, and picked us up in the boat each morning (we were staying at Vallarta Torre, next to Chrystal). It was just the two of us with Alex and Captain Victor. We went all over the place -- Los Arcos, Caletas, Majahuitas, Marietas -- and saw everything: turtles, octopus, sea snakes, eels more zebras than I have ever seen and the biggest green moray I have ever seen), spotted eagle rays, stingrays, stonefish, shrimp, nudibranchs, anenomes, jellies, lobsters (watching Alex catch one by hand was awesome) and all the big and little reef fish. John and I are very good on air consumption, and we told Alex we love to poke along and poke around, so we had very long and relaxing dives. He completely accomodated our dive style, took us to every nook and cranny, and showed us everything.

In addition to awesome diving, Alex set up the poles and we also enjoyed fishing. John caught a nice Dorado (mahi) one day and I caught one the next. It was too cool! Then, while we were diving, Victor made fresh ceviche for us! (Yes, they came prepared with limes, onions, tomatoes, secret sauce and tortillas.) Now that was a cut above!

So we will definitely go with La Ola when we go back to PV. check them out at laolaocean.com

Karen

I went the past month and this past weekend with Vallarta Undersea, the crew is very helpful and friendly and the DM know very well the areas.

I can really recommend them. They have nice boats and Nitrox available, the prices are fair, if you want a little challenge in your dive try "chimo" or "el morro" is a deep dive (90-100 ft) and some currents but there are a lot to see in those places

Here's the link: Scuba diving puerto Vallarta Vallarta Undersea :: Escuela de Buceo Vallarta Under Sea - Scuba Diving

By the way, the water is great!, very warm, and viz is about 25 feet.

Have a great dive! :D

I just got open water diver certified with PV Scuba in Puerto Vallarta. Ramses Andrade was my instructor and he was very friendly and patient and clear with his instructions. They worked with my schedule to make it convenient for me and I had a really good time learning to dive and diving. I would recommend PV Scuba. They are a first class operation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom