Who to dive with in NC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We did our dive today. Saw some sand tigers!!!!! Pat WAS our dive guide and did a fantastic job.
My friend and I got a bit seasick LOL which made our day very interesting.
We were lucky enough to puke in front of 20+ divers on our boat :)
Bonine is going to be my best friend now.
Angela

Glad y'all had a good dive today. And you got to see sandtigers your first time out! I hope this just whetted your appetite for more. :)

just got back from diving the markham/hyde with aquatic safaris. very inpressed with the briefing and overall professionalism of the crew. researched alot of nc stuff - found that the outer banks and moorehead are choked with va divers and have to sign up waaay in advance (no good if you like to last minute things), while if you take the extra drive - you get more options. and the beach kicks ***, too.

mtg:
just got back from diving the markham/hyde with aquatic safaris. very inpressed with the briefing and overall professionalism of the crew. researched alot of nc stuff - found that the outer banks and moorehead are choked with va divers and have to sign up waaay in advance (no good if you like to last minute things), while if you take the extra drive - you get more options. and the beach kicks ***, too.

What date did you go out? I was working on the July 1 morning dive and shot some video on the Hyde and Markham (a.k.a. Sharkham). It is not the greatest, the bottom conditions were not the best for filming, but it shows the sharks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzz4QEYME74

Pat

How come when people ask about NC, all of the responses are for Morehead City and south? Is Hatteras not as good of diving destination? It looks like it would be due to the Gulf Stream being so close... Thanks!

Hatteras is a fine diving destination. For people who live in most of NC, it's a much longer trip to Hatteras than to Morehead or Wilmington. I notice that a lot of people from VA tend to dive Hatteras, as it is closer for them.

That's my theory anyway-
Rich

mtg:

My friend and I were on the Hyde/Markham July 1st dive too... if you were there, you certainly didn't miss us. 'THE FLOATERS'
Angela

Hatteras is actually a fairly long drive to get to...4 hour drive for me vs 3 hrs to Morehead and ~2 hrs to Wilmington. It's more of a convenience thing than anything else. I plan to get up there one of these days.

Thanks for your reply. I live is West Virginia, and am planning to go to Hatteras Aug 5 and dive with Outer Banks diving. We go to Hatteras a lot, but not since I have been diving. (Only since Feb.)

sorry to delay reply - hiking in the mts this weekend! was on the aquatic safari II, I believe (the smaller boat). monday 8:30 am out to markham/hyde. we were the nitrox divers (everyone had to wait on...oops). andre was finalizing a dive student, etc. as far as why I chose wilmington - all the va divers hog up the boats farther north, and we don't like to plan too much in advance, so last minute most of the closer boats are full :-(

Back
Top Bottom