who to dive with in June - Hollywood Beach area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to hear the Westin is a good place. We aren't familiar with the area, so i was basing it off tripadvisor reviews and pictures. Since it's vacation and one of the few times I"ll get to dive this year, I can justify getting a cab ride up to one of the local dive shops. Thanks for the help and advice...

Why no rental car? They're pretty cheap in Florida. Failing that, why not just have Scuba_Jenny drive you wherever you need to go?

I haven't priced rentals yet, but I just assumed with the resort charging $20/night for parking it wouldn't be worth getting a car since we'll be spending most of our time at the beach. I'll have to look into it though

i would also be questioning why no rental since i know how much they charge for rooms... room start at around $200 and go over $1000 per night. I honestly would have suggested the Windjammer in lauderdale by the sea -- it's much smaller but it's also right on the beach and within walking distance of the fishing pier and some of the best shore diving in florida right there since they are on Datura. (and walking distance from the dive shop)
and you might able to get a good rate mentioned the scuba package with gold coast. yes i know technically the 2 resorts don't compare - but honestly there is more to do at the windjammer and you got lots of great restaurants. Windjammer Beach Resort - Diving - Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Florida
get to dive every day, the wife and kids can play on the beach, enjoy the shops -- Kilwins chocolate shop for example.

I originally wanted to stay around LBTS, but I got a smoking deal on the Westin through hotwire and it's actually less per night than windjammer. I'll probably only dive 1 day, so location for convenient diving wasn't my top priority.

You can just rent a car there at the hotel for a day. Go up to Fort Lauderdale and dive with American Dream Divers at Pier 66. Taxis can be a PITA to deal with even though that's how I got through collitch in NYC.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom