Who should I dive with and where..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Medlock1

Registered
Reaction score
Southern Indiana near Louisville, KY (New Albany)
# of dives
0 - 24
Can anyone recommend a Tampa/Clearwater area dive shop/instructor/dive sites for private charter/instruction July 27/28. I'm a novice, less than 15 dives logged, dove Three Sisters and did a cavern dive in Kings Bay last time I was in the area (not sure I was supposed to do that based on my lack of experience but I was following a guide - great dive though). Anyway am considering doing some dives toward my AOW/purchased materials for such from my local shop/getting cave certified. Not sure if I should plan on trying to get in the Gulf or go for any of the various springs/grottos around the area? Suggestions welcomed please and thank you.

For an interesting time and the chance to find neat stuff I would give CAPT Jamie and the Aristakat a call for some shark tooth diving.

They are out of Venice - shallow dives - up to 30' - and good times to be had by all :wink:

Jamie is on the board - his screen name is aristakat

I'm confused on what you are asking for. In one post, it seems you are looking for a charter, AOW, and Cave course, all in a 2 day trip to the area? You will be busy!!!!

I am a little confused on the post myself but here is the info I have for you. If you are looking for a charter you should contact Capt. Ty here on Scuba Board. He is right out of St.Pete and runs a great operation. He is a favorite among the local divers here. He might do instruction as well but I can't say for sure.
Now if you are looking to push along with your Advanced Cert. and you are leaning toward the dark side (that would be cave diving) I say contact Bert at Tampa Adventure Sports. He is right off of Fowler. He is a great instructor and I don't think you will find anyone else in the area that know more about caves than him. Hope it helps. Feel free to ask any other questions you might have. Someone on the board will have the answer.

i have also dove with CAPT Jamie and the Aristakat he is a great guy, we did the shark tooth dive and i found 4 big ass shark tooths lots of fun also i would check out some of the local springs ...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom