Who Needs a wetsuit for tropical water diving anyway?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A 3mm in 29c water yesterday, as snug as a bug in a rug, did not overheat suiting up in 30c Bali.

What data do you have demonstrating that avoiding a very minor bit of feeling slightly cold, and only at the start of the dive, makes a "significantly" longer dive time possible. My experience is that it makes almost no difference, and that physical activity is the main factor, other than depth, in establishing dive time, all other things being equal. You may doubt, but heavy suits are constricting, require more lead, and detract from the experience. Except for stinging and rash, no suit at all is the most pleasurable.

I want to enjoy my dives. That means that I prefer to experience no discomfort due to feeling cold.

If I want a sensual experience, I'll do a midnight skinny dip.

Here is a photo of me and my friend skinny dipping in the dark of night:

Screenshot_20240513_012104_Chrome.jpg

Nice. Looking good. That black swim suit fits you well. You said you were shinning dipping, wearing a black suit is cheating :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom