Who makes the best Gloves and Booties?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It isn't all about warmth. Comfort plays a part too.

Think about this: If you were backpacking, would you wear a pair of shoes with a thin sole and no arch? Granted, you aren't walking miles in them, but trying to climb a ladder or walking on a rocky beach in thin-soled booties with 100+ pounds on your back doesn't do much for your feet, let alone your back.

The Seasoft boots are really nice. I dive dry so I don't wear them here, but I have a pair of Sunrays (the short 3mm version with the same sole and arch support) for the pool and warm water diving. It makes a huge difference on my feet and back at the end of the day.

I go for dexterity in gloves, not puncture resistance, I my preference for 3mm Henderson InstaDry gloves probably is not good for you. Best dexterity this side of bare hands, and very warm for their thickness. Note that I've heard the 5mm versions are not as comfortable or dextrous. Puncture resistance is definitely not their strong suit, however.

For boots, again, I agree with the InstaDry recommendation. Boots tend to STINK, between foot odor and nylon retaining moisture and smell, and the InstaDry solves both of these issue. They dry fast, and there is no nylon to retain odor, so they just don't get that funk. Nice hard soles and comfortable... to me. YMMV.

Which thickness Insta Dry boots do you use?

I'm interested to know if the 7mm Insta Dry boots also dry fast relative to other 7mm neoprene boots?

Which thickness Insta Dry boots do you use?

I'm interested to know if the 7mm Insta Dry boots also dry fast relative to other 7mm neoprene boots?

7mm. And yes, they dry a LOT faster than other boots (or, you could say, they actually dry, unlike others I've used!). It helps to find a way to lay them upside down, of course, because puddles take a long time to evaporate no matter what the surface is, but if I lay my booties on the downslope of my bathtub (opening down) to dry at the end of the day, generally they're dry the next morning except for a little spot where they contacted the tub, which goes away with a swipe of a towel.

Back
Top Bottom