Who makes the best fin strap?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP and JamesK,

Why you guys diving with my fins? I don't think my tiny baby jet fins will fit you guys.

The spring straps are the greatest!

JamesK: I agree...I saw the pic of those other fin straps and was thinking giant line entanglement.

Now that you mention it, the force fin straps have caused me an intanglement problem once, I was swimming on my back through some eel grass and it pulled my fin right off, I am going diving this weekend and will try the fins without the large pad on the bungee, see how that works.

Dove the force fin with the large pad removed, worked great, no problems, no intanglement issues anymore with just a bungee. Anyone using force fins might want to give it a try.

...ain' they purdy

Get much use out of those now that you're using Rock Boots? My Jets are about to start spending the majority of their life in the gear bag.....since the Turtles are on the way. After about an hour the Jets with spring straps kill my feet when I'm wearing my Rock Boots.

Mike

Originally posted by Wendy
UP and JamesK,

Why you guys diving with my fins? I don't think my tiny baby jet fins will fit you guys.

I thought my fins seemed a little tight this past weekend! :D

JamesK: I agree...I saw the pic of those other fin straps and was thinking giant line entanglement.

Great minds. :wink:

Originally posted by otter-cat
...I have a pair of Aeris Velocities, and their fin strap is just OK to connect/disconnect...

I have the same fins and wasn't satisfied with the straps, so I just made my own kinda like the ones on Uncle Pug's jets.

Chris

This week my remaining Aeris fin-strap broke. Out of another diver's save-a-dive kit came a Cressi-Sub fin strap to replace it. It worked fine with the Velocity buckle ends (the part that stays on the post on the fin) that were already on the fin. The Cressi-Sub fin-strap was the easiest to clip, unclip, and press the button to loosen the strap. On the other hand, the strap seems a little narrow, so I'm not sure how long it's going to last. I'll probably get another Cressi-Sub for the fin that currently has the Aqua-Lung strap on it, and then relegate the Aqua-Lung one to my save-a-dive box.

Thanks for all the replies so far. I haven't yet tried springs or bungies, but hopefully I will. BTW, can anyone tell me what they think of the straps on Apollo Bio Split Fins?

otter-cat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom