Who made Zeagle Regulators nowadays ? Zeagle vs. Scubapro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Does Apeks still produce Zeagle regulators and octopus ??

Who made a better regulators on the high end model ?

Scubapro mk25/s600/R380 vs. Zeagle ZX/Flathead VI ?????

Diving condition: Tropical, salt water, Recreation (less 100 ft)

Is Scubapro Reg made in the USA like the Zeagle ?

Zeagle makes their regs now right here in the USA, they are no longer made by Apeks. Supposedly the only difference is that the ones Zeagle now makes have a more durable high pressure seat, Zeagle is also making all of their new regs wth 3/8" standard ports instead of the one 1/2" port for the primary and the rest being 3/8". I have both the Apeks tx100 and the Zeagle Flathead VI, and I can tell you that there is no difference in the way they breathe, they are both awesome! I do like the Zeagle second stage better because it is smaller than my Apeks tx second stage. The Scuba Pro regs you mentioned are also great breathers, and I have several buddies that use the Scuba Pro stuff, and the only drawback I have against the SP's is that the ones I have seen tend to free-flow a lot, but that may not be indicative of al Scub Pro regs.

ScubaPro regs will sometimes freeflow because very few people know how to adjust them properly.

The new zeagle regs are similar to the apexs, second stages almost identical, firts stages on the other hand are very different the new zeagle use a donut high pressure seat and a cone knife edge(not a true knife edge) it is the same design poseidon has used for many many years and it has been very successful..
Scubapro on the other hand, just have a service tech show you the ambient chanber and ip chamber of a well dove reg and you will be appaled by the level of corosion.

I couldn't comment on the Scubapro stuff but am happy so far with my Zeagle. I have a 50D that breaths as well at 100' (deepest I've been with it) as at the surface. As far as free flowing, as yet nothing underwater, just at the surface. Zeagle ZX second stages have a predive switch to help control that possibility. Any high performance reg will dump a lot of air very quickly when they do free flow. Zeagles also come standard with dry seal kit. Incidently, I believe that Zeagle made regs for Apex and not the other way around. I need to buy regs for a couple of my kids and will definitly be getting them the same stuff I'm using.

pos-tech once bubbled...

Scubapro on the other hand, just have a service tech show you the ambient chanber and ip chamber of a well dove reg and you will be appaled by the level of corosion.

pos-tech,

I am a ScubaPro service tech, and have seen regs that have 300 salt water dives per year on them and they were spotless on the inside. It really boils down to how the individual takes care of his gear. If you do what you are supposed to do anyway, a ScubaPro reg will remain corrosion free and function perfectly.

Incidently, I believe that Zeagle made regs for Apex and not the other way around. I need to buy regs for a couple of my kids and will definitly be getting them the same stuff I'm using.
Zeagle did not make regs for Apeks, it was the other way around. I have a couple of Zeagle Sentinel octos, and they even say Apeks on them.

Back
Top Bottom