Who liked (likes) this show?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire_diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
While channel surfing today I found the sci-fi channel running episodes of 'seaquest DSV'. I watched an episode to see if it was as cheezy as I remembered. Yep, it is.

But this is just my personal oppinion. The show isnt 'bad' just not my taste. But I wondered how many people liked the show. It lasted several seasons so it had to have a following.

And for the record, I remember liking the first season, but thought it got silly in the end. And the episode I watched today was quite "silly".

Yup very cheesy and I like it - there are a few shows that I admit are both cheesy and that I like to watch them - this is one of them.

We were into on the first run especially the first season, then it got weird and I didn't care for the new captain. I was a scuba wannabe at the time and I never caught any decent dive footage. That hope is probably what kept me watching as long as I did.

My wife was just watching it.

Pete

Once Roy Scheider left the show it bacame more of military excercise than an exploration to me. The special effects were terrible, even for their time. Spielberg should have opened his wallet a little wider on this one.

If I recall, didn't everyone either die or get re-assigned at the end of the first season? (which wasn't REALLY bad) Then the second season became really cheeesy until it was cancelled?

Who thinks 5-10 years from now we'll be seeing the same from Surface?

I actually still have the entire 1st season still on tape around here somewhere. I was really into it when it was on the air but havent watched since.

One of my favorite shows ever. It lasted 2 whole seasons, then Roy Shieder left, and 9 episodes into season 3 NBC cancelled it.

I thought this was a great show, of course after the sub got picked up by a spaceship and dumped on another planet....well I lost interest.

Still have the series on DVD though and watch it fairly often.

Back
Top Bottom