Who is going to Haigh Opening day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Guys,
Just got back home to Wisconsin,Nice day to dive a bit cool top side in the A.M. but the sun did shine thru! The crowd was around or less than 20 divers, and they were mostly hard core DIR -doubles,Argon,,, and all that stuff.
Swim Jim had his new rig {doubles} to test that worked sweet! I had a new 130 steel tank & new deco computer to try out.
And well I found out I need to loose 10-12 lbs that got on me some how over my off season! time to work a few muscles too!

That said, Water was cool 33-34ish Jim may let us know his temp was, thin layer of ice on top of water in some areas-I broke some up with my hard head! no overhead problem it was real thin,vis was as you would get this time of year 15'-30'ish +or- a bit.

All in all we had one dock to our selfs mostly all day, and did 2 dives and SwimJims second dive he used a vintage scuba reg set that freaked me out when I seen a mass air leakage from his tank valve area on our last dive! and all it was when I got close was his vintage reg venting from the housing and No Freeze up so cool! So it was a great day to try some stuff out.
And now I know I need to get back in shape after seeing some of them young bucks in their double steel 119's and Argon and pony tanks tooling around like a cake walk, and I am huffing just from a steel and pony!
Dive safe Guys & Gals
Brad

Had a nice couple of dives with Brad today. Openned up Haigh in style with my new doubles set up. Also dove dry gloves for the first time. Pick up some SiTecs over the winter. Wow, were they nice. I also got to test a DA Aquamaster, Pico address for those interested. I had it rebuilt by Dan Barringer at Vintage scuba and he did a great job. The reg was super nice. Brad thought I blew a tank o-ring until he realized that I had switched over to the DA. I had it down to 49 feet in 35 degree water and it was smooth as silk. I'll have to get it converted to long yoke and get a banjo fitting for it and plumb it for an LP hose so I can use it on more dives. Sweet reg. A great day of diving. Really wets the appetite for more. ha.

Jim

Hi guys, I braved the cold, it was 37 deg, I did not feel a thermocline even in the deep.
I would say vis was 25 ft on average with a 3/4 inch layer of ice.
I am up for next weekend, {{my buddies can't make it}}
If anyone is interested in heading out, I need a buddy.
Please email me direct. electricbear60625@yahoo.com
I drive and live on the northside of Chicago

Thanks,
Robb

I must say I am shocked that the visibility is not that great. When I went in November the visibility was 30-35+ and the water was only 50-55 degrees. It was a great dive with great vis. without the chill 37. (man that must be cold...) Anyway, I think ill pass until the water warms up to about 50 degrees. Any ideas on when that would be? I hope in April, lateset May :)

Is anybody going this weekend? I maybe able to make it on Sunday if anyone is going to be there.

DJ

I can't this weekend but am planning on being there on the 18 or 19th. (next weekend btw).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom