Who is going to Haigh Opening day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O'Malley Drysuits just aren't that big of a deal. They are different. You must do your home work. I read all about them before diving my first one. If you had someone coach you on fit, you know how to do a tuck and roll drill and use only enough air to offset squeeze, you'll be okay. Do try it out in the shallows. Anybody who has actully dove knows that bouyancy in the first atmosphere is the hardest to master as it has the most change. You might get around BS, but you'll never escape physics. Read the books, get wet and get experience. I'm planning on showing up with Moneysavr and I'll be happy to coach you through. no worries.

Jim

I took the Padi dry suit class and it depends on the instructor how he teaches the buoyancy. mine used his wing for boy and thats the way he showed me. I just add air to take off the squeeze off. Im going to the lds on sat for a tech diving class so i will see about renting a dry suit for march

I'm planning on showing up with Moneysavr and I'll be happy to coach you through. no worries

Hope to see you out there...I just checked on the drysuit and it was shipped yesterday from Canada and should arrive early next week.

Brad,
You can certainly count me in as long as the air temperature is above 36F, and the water temperature at 38F. Remember last year at Pearl?:)

Michael

Captain CaveMan:
I took the Padi dry suit class and it depends on the instructor how he teaches the buoyancy. mine used his wing for boy and thats the way he showed me. I just add air to take off the squeeze off. Im going to the lds on sat for a tech diving class so i will see about renting a dry suit for march

FWIW, PADI's dry suit course requires us to teach buoyancy by using the dry suit as the primary buoyancy compensator. I disagree with PADI on this one, but I have teach it the way the standards state. But then I caveat that with how I do it. Which is to use the wing for buoyancy and adding just enough air to the suit to offset the squeeze.

See you on March 25 for the tech orientation. Butch and I will be at OWU, maybe we'll see you there.

Duane

Well, I just got iced for opening day. Ordered my drysuit Feb. 6th. Nothing special, a stock trilam with turbo soles, pocket and kneepads. Talked to the LDS people I met at OWU, but they didn't know anything about when it was coming in. I didn't expect them too, being the show and all. So I called DUI. They had no record of the order.

Called the LDS on Monday, and they were having the rep coming that night and they would ask. It appears as though they faxed in the order, but DUI never got it. Now its on order, and it doesn't ship until the 8th. This is getting to be standard operating procedure these days for me when it comes to service in general. I'm just kicking myself for not calling DUI sooner.

Dean810:
Well, I just got iced for opening day. Ordered my drysuit Feb. 6th. Nothing special, a stock trilam with turbo soles, pocket and kneepads. Talked to the LDS people I met at OWU, but they didn't know anything about when it was coming in. I didn't expect them too, being the show and all. So I called DUI. They had no record of the order.

Called the LDS on Monday, and they were having the rep coming that night and they would ask. It appears as though they faxed in the order, but DUI never got it. Now its on order, and it doesn't ship until the 8th. This is getting to be standard operating procedure these days for me when it comes to service in general. I'm just kicking myself for not calling DUI sooner.

Customer service is essential these day in keeping customes coming back. My advice is to keep on checking your LDS for order updating & even take the extra mile to contact DUI or whomever you purchased your suit from. It really upsets me when someone says Order should take now longer then 2 -to- 3 weeks for final delivery.

Its going to be March & Im still waiting for Undergarments from Whites from an order back in November 2006. Customer Service is key for me & I test that to the limits by keeping on my LDS as well as the Company that produces the product ***.

If ya call them enough you may even get an extra T-Shirt or even a Hat. LMAO !!!

Good Luck

Gerry

If anyone goes opening weekend, please post the conditions. The first day I'll be able to make it out there is March 25.

DJ

Well, for sure, the LDS is blaming DUI for not getting the order. However, DUI does send out order acknowlegments with a delivery date, according to DUI customer service. Bottom line, I got forgotten about.

Essentially, I should have been less passive about the whole thing. I should have called the LDS a lot sooner about when the delivery would be. Word to the wise. Still....It would have been nice if I didn't have to.

Back
Top Bottom