Who has snow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

we got dumped on in Vancouver. 5 cms, which is enough for delivery companies to start calling off pick-ups....man oh man what sissies we are here....

SeanQ:
Now I have to cancel my diving for this weekend. I was looking forward to heading out the Ogden Point and trying out a BP/W. For the past few weeks the conditions were good for winter diving: little sunlight, no wind or storms, and 'warm' tempertures to make surface intervals in a wetsuit more enjoyable. Oh well, at least we only have to deal with it for a week. :11ztongue
I visited the wolfeels at the breakwater today. The snow was mostly melted on the breakwater itself. Visibility was only around 10 feet, but it's winter so that's to be expected. -Saw some huge puget sound king crabs though. It was sunny so I actually got hot during the hike.

My husband and I were diving the breakwater just last Monday and saw a HUGE king crab. Had to be almost 14 inches from shell tip to tip. He couldn't have been in more than 20 feet. Got to enjoy the Victoria snow on Friday and it snowed here in Seattle today.
And at least at Ogden Point you can get warm right away in the centre or get something hot to drink upstairs. And there's always bringing huge buckets of hot water with you too. I love winter diving-- really-- better vis, fewer people, and granted I dive a dry suit.

OK, supposed to snow again tonight! I guess I just never grew up :D

When I was a kid we had concrete rivers and 111 degree summers, so even scraping ice off my car windows is novel and thrilling for me...

Back
Top Bottom