• Yes, due to failed electronics

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Yes, due to loss of gas in the rebreather

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Yes, for another reason not listed

Votes: 50 38.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odd readings from the O2 sensors at the start of the dive. Turned out be a manufacturing flaw in a new head. A lousy 2nd dive on my new rebreather. I now have an independent sensor in my loop.

Twice.
1. In Plura cave close to the air-chamber, co2-hit. Probably caused by used scrubber and "inspired" driving on gravel road to the divesite. Made a couple of mistakes, but walked away with decent gas-reserves in the bailouts.

2. OW-dive to about 50m, recognized the signs from first bailout and bailed out quickly. Probably bad flapper-valve on the exhale-side of my Bov. Flapper was installed about a month earlier. After the BO I could not get the bov to pass negative test, changed flapper and all was ok after that.

Thank you captain...it wasn't intentional. Leak in the dsv.

No, silly, Holding a negative overnight is bad for your counterlung. Ask any manufacturer.

Might be worth qualifying the question, I've bailed out to take sanity breaths or catch my breath after some hard work, but then returned to the loop.

Only fully bailed and returned on OC twice.

Had to bailout to OC on a wreck a few years back due to a flooded loop on my rEvo, followed by sensors reading erratically. Dive was around 170' and had started getting gurgling in the loop about 20 minutes into the dive. After clearing the water from the loop a couple times with a barrel roll we headed mack to the mooring line. Just before we got there the sensors started acting up, so I bailed out. Completed deco with no problems and had plenty of bailout gas along. After getting back on the boat my buddy (who was diving OC) thought I was just practicing as he didn't realize anything was wrong. In hindsight, I should have made him aware I was having an issue. After a lot of time thinking it over, I've come to the conclusion that after talking on the surface I must not have fully opened the DSV to start the dive and had a very small amount of water continually getting into the loop.

I had a caustic cocktail during training just before we were going to do a simulated bailout. The instructor signaled I had started too soon, so I gave him the "it's screwed" sign. My mouth and lips were burned, a bit of an uncomfortable feeling in my esophagus.

Of course, I've bailed for some sanity breaths and once because the loop was simply too hot.

Twice... both my fault.

First was during training, apparently I didn’t fully close the loop while practicing bailing out, switched back to the loop, and couldn’t exhale..

Bailed out, thought a second, tried again, instructor wrote ‘caustic?’ in his wetnotes and then we ascended...

The next scheduled dive was supposed to be dewatering... d’oh!

Second time was on a very cold dive on a used scrubber.... scrubber efficiency drops very fast below 4C!!

Was huffing and puffing clearing a fouled prop, once free, I felt a little off (I really, really, really don’t like CO2), signalled and bailed out. We were nearly done the dive already, and fairly shallow..

_R

Wait, there’s a third....

Recreational weeklong charter.. 2nd dive of the morning, first dive had some bubbles out around the DSV... no big deal.. no water leaking.

Second dive, lots of bubbles, still no water, but way too many bubbles.. did the dive on my DILOUT.

Back on the boat, mouthpiece slid right off... top up the DILOUT during lunch, add a new zip tie and back in CC action for the rest of the week...

Well until we had a very long and shallow sawtoothed dive (1-4m)... just simpler on OC...

_R

Back
Top Bottom