Who dives their own boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insert Catchy name

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Who here dives from their own boat? If so, what type of boat do you use (thinking of buying a new boat, looking for suggestions.) Is it easy to get in and out of the water with it? And then, do you always keep someone topside to keep watch, hold the boat in it's line, etc?

Thanks, Joe

We dive from a 27' pontoon boat. Plenty of room for our gear, tanks, etc. Easy to get on and off from. We normally take it to Beaver Lake in Arkansas...sometimes Bull Shoals or Ouachita Lakes.

21' Triumph center console. Everytime we do a dive while at anchor we leave at lease 1 person on the boat. If we go to a public mooring, we might leave the boat by itself, but often times we'll throw our anchor out just as backup.

It's pretty easy to get out of the water on. It has the standard 1 rung ladder, but there are nice scuba ladders we'd like to add someday.

We dive from our Trophy 2352 walk around. I built 2 bench/tank rack combo's out of pressure treated lumber for the cockpit, that will hold 4 tanks per side. We use it for diving on Lake Ontario, in generally calm seas (under 2 feet) I Love that boat!

Dan
Rochester NY

Hello insert catchy name,
Looking at your Avatar, I would suggest solo diving off your boat without using an anchor. Just kidding... Go Buckeyes..... We either employe a bubble watcher, or dive in shifts leaving the boat attended.

Who here dives from their own boat? If so, what type of boat do you use (thinking of buying a new boat, looking for suggestions.) Is it easy to get in and out of the water with it? And then, do you always keep someone topside to keep watch, hold the boat in it's line, etc?

Thanks, Joe

depends on where you are diving----I went from a 25' twin outboard Wellcraft to a 29' twin screw Wellcraft, @ 50 to 75 miles out in the Gulf it's safer, although I have many trips out there in my old 25'er.......

Hello insert catchy name,
Looking at your Avatar, I would suggest solo diving off your boat without using an anchor. Just kidding... Go Buckeyes..... We either employe a bubble watcher, or dive in shifts leaving the boat attended.

Did you enjoy their last game, I surely did..........GEAUX TIGERS........

We dive off our boat 23 foot dc. Great boat with plenty of room

Well, actually I dive from my own boat if I don’t cave dive. However, my boat is a canoe (I think you have something different in mind), and a big stride can be a bit tricky with doubles and stages (you will capsize the boat). And no, I did not get an extra specialty to do the canoe diving, since 95 percent of my diving takes place in caves or on wrecks well offshore.

32' Regulator, very easy to get in and out of the water. Always leave the boat attended by someone who can run the boat and operate a marine radio with current line out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom