Who carries a Safety Tube?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellow Angel Fish and I do.

And most CERTAINLY on boat dives.

One never knows what may happen.

Very cheap insurance if you ask me . . . but no one did, did they?

the K

Yes I carry one on every boat dive. It's like wearing your safety belt. It serves very little purpose unless your in an accident and then you better have it on!

Damned little. I know the terms "safety sausage" and "surface marker buoy (SMB)," but I've never heard of a "safety tube."

Too bad you can't figure things out on your own. :D

For ocean diving I want the biggest baddest, brightest tube, sausage, lift bag, or whatever else you want to call it.

Reactions: Jax
I never dive without one, although I've not had the need to use it, but it's always there, like my mirror and whistle, don't leave home without them.

me, me , me----------in a long surface float or in a higher boat traffic area would be nice to have one....Some boats require you carry one ie The Fling diving 125 miles off shore in GofM, that could be one hell of a surface float back home...

But it is something kinda new over the last few years, 1st I heard of one was about 15 years ago....

I use mine on boat dives. Never in the quarries and springs though. I lost my whistle in Florida somewhere sadly. :(

I never dive without one, although I've not had the need to use it, but it's always there, like my mirror and whistle, don't leave home without them.

. . . a wise and prudent diver.

the K

I use mine on boat dives. Never in the quarries and springs though. I lost my whistle in Florida somewhere sadly. :(

I use mine the same way.
I have a bit of good news for you, however. You can get a new whistle, they make new ones every day. :)

Last time we were on the "StarDancer" they provided us with one even though we had our own along. I think it should be a liveaboard requirement. In places like Bonaire or the Caymans you may be able to do without it. Places like Cozumel it should be a requirement as the current can really zip along and take you away from any group that you may be diving with as happened to me before when we were diving Coz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom