Who can I send a Dacor 950xl and ScubaPro mk5/mk10 to for rebuild

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aalbert

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting back into diving, as my son has recently turned 13.

I want to get some equipment rebuilt, but get the feeling that most of my LDSs don't want to touch my ancient equipment...

Personally I love my 950xl and would like to continue using it, but it needs a rebuild after sitting dormant for 10+ years. Having read online, the HP seat can be purchased through Trident etc, but instead of my sourcing it, and trying to do the repair, I would like to find a reputable rebuilder.

I also have multiple ScubaPro mk10s, that are low hour, but I would like to have rebuilt before I let my son or guests use them..

Can somebody suggest a shop that I can send them to? Thanks.

Dacor 950XL with Pacer XL 2nd Stage

Dacor_950xl_PacerXL.jpg

ScubaPro Mk5 with vintage ScubaPro 2nd stage

ScubaPro_mk5_Vintage2nd_Stage.jpg

ScubaPro Mk10 w/ Air 1 & US Divers computer (dead at this point due to LCD leak)

ScubaPro_mk10_Air1.jpg

ScubaPro mk10 with Sherwood Magnum and another dead US Divers computer

ScubaPro_Mk10_SherwoodMagnum.jpg

My vintage regular collection -- some of which are still NIB.

Regulators_Overview_July2018.jpg

Last edited:
I’m certed on DACOR. If you can find the parts kits, I’ll rebuild them for you.

I would check with Austin's first to see if they are interested. They are a Scubapro dealer. As far as the Dacors go, you can check out Northeast Scuba Supply or Vintage Double Hose.

Second stages can normally be serviced with generic parts. The first stages are more difficult to source. I would recommend standardizing on the MK-10s and then using the various second stages. Also some of your hoses look suspect.

Superlyte - thank you for the offer ... If I end up having to source the parts etc., I will be in touch.

Diversteve - RegTech looks very promising ... they don't say no, and they actually say add $7 for Dacor (kind of like when dating not a no, and a definite strong maybe).

AMS511 - Northeast says no Dacor, but interestingly they sell Dacor parts - so maybe that is a model specific no.. Vintage Double hose looks interesting - if nothing else they have a fun website..
Yeah I was going to go through the hoses.. In the end I want to have my setup (out of nostalgia, and from remembering good performance, the Dacor rig), and then I will setup a nice Mk10 for my son, and the other Mk10&5 as guest/backups... Going to be giving away one of the US Divers or Sherwood rigs to one of the guys at the boatyard (with the known caveat that it is NIB, but needs to be checked out).

the Dacors are not going to be easy to get serviced, kits are not available and if you find them, they are going to be pretty old. I think I see a couple of Conshelfs in the pile. If so, they are perfect. Kits are easy to find for them, any AL dealer can service them and they are rock solid regs. Same goes for the SP regs, MK-5/10/ 109 kits are available from VDH and they will service them. Great regs.
The Sherwoods are also a possibility but be aware that many of the cases are subject to cracking around the hose inlet, no parts are available for the cases.

@aalbert There are some Dacor experts on here so maybe you can PM some of them for suggestions. The second stages can be serviced with generic parts. The first stages are more challenging, especially because Dacor was known to change designs often. If you are really set on a Dacor rig, you could buy a used Dacor first stage after Mares acquired them. My understanding is these first stages are Dacor branded Mares regulators and use Mares kits.

My Dacor is in a corner. Can't find kits for it for years. At this point if you do find a kit for one, the kit is going to be 15 years old.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom