Whitewater rafting after diving in bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

animian2002

Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering, has anyone tried whitewater rafting after diving a couple of day in bali. Heard that Ayung River Rafting is kind of fun :eyebrow: and I'm kind of interested to try it during my off-gasing day :11ztongue .

To do Ayung river rafting does it require one to hike to high Latitude ?

Is it recommend to do it before or after diving activities :11ztongue and any recommendation on what to bring or to do to prepare for it ( :11ztongue I have never tried whitewater rafting before )

thanks for all the advice in advance :wink:

I haven't done any rafting in Bali but I did climb Ayung Mountain. That was pretty high so I think you'd have to be careful. But i'm not sure where the rafting begins. I hear the rafting is superb but you have to be there during the proper season. There has to be enough water running but not too much so you get the proper rapids.

We went rafting on the Ayung River in August 2003 with Bali Adventure Tours (http://www.baliadventuretours.com/BAT-Rafting.htm). The trip is in the vicinity of Ubud -- not at an altitude that would be a problem after diving.

The rafting was fun and scenic, no "raging rapids", but loads of lovely vistas. We combined a morning of rafting with an afternoon at the elephant park -- completely for tourists, of course, but if you like animals and haven't had the chance to ride on an elephant, then I do recommend it. We had a long ride throughout the village on the back of a sweet elephant named Arum. :wink:

Hi Jiveturkey
What you meant probably "Agung" mountain not "Ayung" river. Ayung rifer rafting is very convinience and more fun even no experience at all - much easier than climbing the Agung Mountain - the highest mountain in Bali although less than 2600 m, not very difficult depend where is the starting point, but guide is always recommended.
Both very scenic journey
Cheers

thanks guys, will try to raft when at bali since it doesnt involve altitude issue :eyebrow:

By the way, has anyone dive in bali in May before ?? What's the water temperature like during this period.

Back
Top Bottom