Whitestar Quarry - October 19, 20, 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not sure how many are planning on being there. My guess right now would be up to 9 OW students, 2 instructors, 2 safety divers, 2 surface support, 10 just there to dive / carve pumpkins and misc. non-diving family members. Around 10 of those people would camp.

No diving for me this past weekend. I was in a parade on Saturday - rode in the rumble seat of a 1931 Model A - for being the 2006 volunteer of the year. On Sunday I helped run a tractor show. We had 105 tractors! & a very hot weekend for all that.

Paula

I recieved this email from my local shop this week....

Let me know if you and your club are interested.
pc

The season has arrived, it's time for UNDERWATER PUMPKIN CARVING!!!
This fun event will be held at White Star Quarry Sun October 21 starting at 10am.
Bring a pumpkin, a dive knife and lets go dive. Food and refreshments will be provided.

[snip]

pc,

I'm not sure what you want here. Are you asking if I want to join in on your shop's event? If so, this wouldn't work. I'm going to Wstar as it's my local club's Fall OW checkout weekend. Along with checkouts we hold our last major quarry outing. That way we have a lot of surface support for the class including people to provide the hot drinks / food and the students get to meet club members. We won't carve our pumpkins that early as that would be in the thick of the class dives.

I started the thread in case anyone wanted to join in on the fun, not because I needed to find a buddy or I couldn't go.

Paula

pc,

I'm not sure what you want here. Are you asking if I want to join in on your shop's event? If so, this wouldn't work. I'm going to Wstar as it's my local club's Fall OW checkout weekend. Along with checkouts we hold our last major quarry outing. That way we have a lot of surface support for the class including people to provide the hot drinks / food and the students get to meet club members. We won't carve our pumpkins that early as that would be in the thick of the class dives.

I started the thread in case anyone wanted to join in on the fun, not because I needed to find a buddy or I couldn't go.

Paula

I posted the pumpkin carving info for the same reason, so that people could join in the fun. I thought your op mentioned that you would not be able to make the carving festivities at Gilboa, but I must be going crazy, I wanted you to know there were plans at whitestar also. sorry if I wasn't clear. I now see that your club will be carving also.
pc

Hello all.

I'll be spending the weekend of 10/19-21 at Whitestar Quarry. There will be a group camping both Friday and Saturday nights. And a larger group diving on Sat and Sun.

We'll be having a potluck dinner on Saturday with the main dish provided. & my local club's annual pumpkin carving contest. (Pretty loose rules with this one.)

If you want to join in on the fun let me know. Or just say "Hey" at the quarry.

Paula

Hi Paula
I'd love to come out and meet a few of youns as I am always looking for dive buddies. I have been to whitestar several times so I am familiar with the lay-out. I,d like to join you for a couple of dives and to meet GLWC if thats Ok? and yes I'll bring a pumkin!!
How will I know GLWC and where will everyone be setting up? I usually set up by the boat ramp.
I most likely will not have my own buddy, so will there be someone there that I would be able to buddy up with? I won't be camping as my wife and daughter will drop me off for the day and then they'll go do there thing and pick me up later that same day.
Also are you doing any memberships to GLWC if so I'd like to join your club if you could send me the info.
Thanks I look forward to meeting all of you!
Eric B. :14:

Hi Eric.

1st - there aren't any membership requirements for the GLWC.
2nd - This is primarily my local buddies. I dive with the GLWC as does Brett / compression nut who will be there. & anyone else that wants to join in.

& yes, I will be happy to dive with you. My club is the "Ford Sea Lancers" and we'll have at least one awning up and a banner with the club name / logo.

See you there.
Paula

Hi Paula
Sorry for the mix up about GLWC. I am really lookin forward to meeting all of youns and diving this wkend. I have never tried to carve a pumpkin under water this should be interesting to say the least.

Is this invitation for the potluck also, (that you mentioned) I would also bring a dish of some sort and my wife & daughter would be joining me later in the day as neither one of them are divers. Please Email me and let me know if this is OK I don't want to be a fifth wheel so to speak; Thanks. :)

I will be at the Quarry around 9:00 - 9:30 AM Sat morning I should be in our 04 tan minivan.
Thanks Again
See Youns There! :14:
Eric B. :coffee:

Is this invitation for the potluck also, (that you mentioned) I would also bring a dish of some sort and my wife & daughter would be joining me later in the day as neither one of them are divers. Please Email me and let me know if this is OK I don't want to be a fifth wheel so to speak; Thanks. :)

Eric B. :coffee:

Sure. I just need to know so there's enough main course. Not even sure what it's going to be.

See you soon.
Paula

Sure. I just need to know so there's enough main course. Not even sure what it's going to be.

See you soon.
Paula

Yes there will be myself, my wife, and my 14 yr old daughter ( Eric , Edwina, & Shannon). Do you have an idea of what you would like us to bring as my wife will be picking up something and bringing it back with her when she comes back
Thanks and we'll see ya soon
Eric B.

Eric,

Lunch both days is hot dogs plus pot luck sides, etc. Dinner is BBQ chicken with the rest being pot luck. The club has all the paper plates, bowls, plastic ware, condiments. One woman that was originally from Thailand usually brings some delicious Thai food for dinner as well.

There is often a couple girls about your daughters age there as well. I haven't talked to their parents to know for sure whether they are coming this weekend.

Paula

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom