White's Polar Flex 11 drysuit info needed:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello fellow divers:
Was wondering if anyone has any useful information about White's drysuits or this particular model. They offer this in either the BI-LAM or new QUADFLEX material. Anybody know's the difference between the two. Which one has the best flex and durable material? I quess the Quadflex is their own Pat. material. It is more expensive.
As for boots go, which would be the best of the two for warmth and not being so awkward. 1. the traditional 7mm attached boot or 2. the attached 4mm softsock with the rock boot. Big choice..ha..
This suit is considered a 50/50 mix in which the top half is either Bi-Lam or Quadflex material and the bottom half is 4mm G 231 Compressed neoprene.
If anybody has anything to offer about this company or their suits in general, i would be curious to hear.
Thanks much. I hope to stay dry..........:)

I haven't dove it yet but I just ordered the Catalyst in Quad. I got the Evolution boot and the p valve and pockets put on each thigh. It will be about 4 weeks before I get it and then I will post a report.

From what I understand the Quad is like the bi but it has four layers so it should be more durable. I got the rock boot because they will be easier to manuver on the shore and the laced up boot will help keep air out of the feet. I havn't dove dry yet so that is all the information I can give right now.

Good luck on you search.

Chad

Hi Chad:
Thanks for the info. I ordered the white's polar-flex 11 about 4 weeks ago with the attached boots. Stock size. Havn't got it yet.
I see you ordered the Catalyst. It also is a assume suit.
I'll post how great the polar-flex is when i get it and try it on.
Please do the same. Thanks. Sam

I hope we both love our suits when we get them. I will post my review and I look forward to reading yours.

Dive Safe.

Chad

Hi Chad:

Just a update on my Polarflex 11 drysuit by White's. It's been 5 full weeks now and no suit. Called my LDS last week & White's said it was on it's way. It should be here by now. I wonder if their is a hold time on it when it reaches the US/Can. border. Anyway can't wait.
Was wondering if you received you Catalyst drysuit yet.
Will post when i hear anything. Sam:)

I haven't got mine yet either. I talked to my LDS Friday and Whites had called them on friday and left a message asking for measurements. (I guess they couldn't read the fax) So I guess they are working on it. When I ordered it I called Whites and they said that it would take 4-6 weeks so I am not really looking for it for a couple more weeks.

Hope you get yours soon.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom