Whites Fusion w/ Thermal Fusion Undergarment - Weighting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lefty17

Contributor
Reaction score
I purchased a new Fusion drysuit with the tech skin and Thermal Fusion undergarment over the winter. I've had it in the pool a couple of times and am shocked at how little weight I need to carry. I am diving a SS backplate (-5lbs) with a single Faber HP100 3180+ (-14.7 full & -7.2 empty). In the pool I can stay down at 7ft with an empty tank using no other weight. I'm 6ft, 190lbs. I've read the thermal fusion undergarment requires less weight but to only have ~13lbs total and be able to stay down seems pretty low. Conventional wisdom would have me closer to +/- 20lbs.

Even with jet fins I tend to be a little head down, especially as the tank empties, so I am going to play with a small amount of tail weight next week.

I won't be able to get it into open water for a couple more weeks, just curious what other peoples experiences have been with a similar setup.

I would rig up and put 6-8lbs on a belt and do a weight check in the pool. Adjust accordingly +/-2lbs at a time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom